Slavisa Jokanovic: Sheffield United Boss Set To Leave After Six Months In Charge

6 minutes ago, Runningman said:

Quite right dear fellow, it is a dual footy forum and well done in being interested in all the coming and goings of local football. However your financial interest in SUFC is at times OTT. Now it doesn't bother me and I have never intimated that it does the fact we are ' totally skint ' as you put it.

There is no such thing as a Blades only forum, too many folks from other clubs to interfere.

I have been watching and supporting the Blades for almost 70 years and always taken an interest in the fortunes of the Owls

Nothing surprises me, lots of what happens within football today disgusts me.

A challenge for you, try making this forum a better place !

When you reached the Premier League a couple of seasons ago there were plenty on here "giving it the big un" you reap what you sow, as long as it fits within the Forum guidelines I'll make whatever comments I want, if you don't like them there's a block feature you can use.

S24SU is Blades only forum for you if your a bit too senstive for this one.

Off you pop.

26 minutes ago, top4718 said:

When you reached the Premier League a couple of seasons ago there were plenty on here "giving it the big un" you reap what you sow, as long as it fits within the Forum guidelines I'll make whatever comments I want, if you don't like them there's a block feature you can use.

S24SU is Blades only forum for you if your a bit too senstive for this one.

Off you pop.

I am not popping off anywhere and neither am I sensitive

You keep many topics on here going like fire !

Keep posting, there's always some one who will reply.

i won't be using the block feature, you brighten up my day !

Edited by Runningman
Additional words

Some bizarre comments coming from United's chairman this afternoon.....makes Chansiri look like Mother Theresa...

41 minutes ago, Kelvin Phlats said:

😂😂😂

Try to forgive, they're delicate souls bless em.

Good advice to a bloke who replies to people he says he's blocked, very delicate soul bless him.

7 minutes ago, Kelvin Phlats said:

Whey-hey, please elaborate. He does come out with some crackers. I particularly remember when he was in court fighting over control and he kept harping on about wrestling with some sort of domesticated animal, the type of which has to remain unstated, I was in tears at the time.😂😂😂

HRH isn't our Chairman.

13 minutes ago, Kelvin Phlats said:

"Paul will be the clubs football manager. I am told that is not a title that will go down well here. I don't care, I am not from Sheffield and I am not a football man I am the chairman. 
We are not going to discuss the plan here, the focus is on football. Prince Abdullah has been the face of the club and will no longer be the case. You won't see much of me either." 

Sounds like they're getting ready to do a runner to me.😂

We can only hope.

That was Yusof the Chairman not the person you heard in court.

Edited by Alextopman

Heard a rumour that the players were not happy , with the mangers tatics & where the one's wanting to change the formation ??? 

If so to be the case did they get him the sack ??

13 minutes ago, Kelvin Phlats said:

Paul Finishbottom will sort em out.

Not sure if he has finished bottom, how about Moore?.

18 minutes ago, owl.66 said:

Heard a rumour that the players were not happy , with the mangers tatics & where the one's wanting to change the formation ??? 

If so to be the case did they get him the sack ??

It wouldn't surprise me, he didn't pick the same team twice and played players out of position.

Edited by Alextopman

17 minutes ago, Kelvin Phlats said:

Paul Finishbottom will sort em out.

Did Mummy and Daddy help you out with that one?

Seen some bizarre comments attributed to the chairman today (whoever he is ).If results don't improve then him and Bettis better get their tin hats on.

The only good thing that might come out of this is the introduction of more academy players; Jebbison recalled from Burton perhaps?

At last it's gone quiet for a bit so i will give my opinion on what's happened. I think it had to happen because supporters are fed up of poor performances ,poor results and poor team selections. If we had been languishing in the championship for a few years then I think Slav may have been given time to rebuild us but after the last season we need results and need them quick to regain confidence  and slav was struggling to get the players to play his way  so he lost his job. As for the appointment of hecky it is what it is, nothing suprises me anymore being a Blade so we will see what happens. . Right I'm off now before the finance expert who talks out of his ar*e  comes back on (usually about half 10) or his side kick . Good night all and get well soon Flecky!!!!!!

8 minutes ago, cmonkes said:

Forgive me for speaking statistics and fact here but..

We could literally sit here playing the conspiracy game, the hearsay, the blame game, all day long..... I agree, something smells a little bit fishy, I'm not sure what, but I do feel there is more to it.....

But in footballing context, it isn't a massive surprise really is it? When you look at statistics etc.

You can sit and argue til the sun goes down that slav wasn't given a chance.... that he wasn't financially backed..... that we didn't buy into his methods. Yes it is probably right to an extent, you can't judge him until he had had financial backing in a window. I think January was always going to be the true measure in that respect.

But likewise you have to question why we haven't been drilled to do the basics better? Why we haven't improved defensively? Why our set plays and attacking moves haven't improved? Why we aren't better drilled all in all.....

Ultimately, one figure stands out....as a team that wants to challenge for the top 6....... 

11 points in the last 10 games?  Is that good enough?.....we are equidistant between both ends of the table. We need to be in touching distance of that top 6 promptly! That is fact. 

So yes, I agree that there is much more to this..... but ordinarily the performances haven't been very good and for some time there has been noticeable improvement. We should have been at least doing the basics better.

Nothing to say on the appointment? Hecky’s stats don’t compare very well with Jokanovic’s.

Owners at S2 and S6.

Ooerr!

That's all.

United's CEO or whatever, has claimed that he's invented the title 'Football Manager'.

I'm not gloating, I just despair at the way football is going, especially in this City.

1 hour ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

Owners at S2 and S6.

Ooerr!

That's all.

United's CEO or whatever, has claimed that he's invented the title 'Football Manager'.

I'm not gloating, I just despair at the way football is going, especially in this City.

Now't wrong wi Darron Moore .