Slavisa Jokanovic: Sheffield United Boss Set To Leave After Six Months In Charge

You could also argue that it is a brave step by Paul to step up and take management on again.  He clearly will not be given money to spend in January (that may have had a part to play in Slav going, or SUFC not trying for experienced managers who would have looked for funds).  Also brave that he's brought in McCall and Lester, both with very strong links to us, and who would be prime contenders to take over should Paul be (re-)sacked!

There,s  managers in jobs who have had more sackings than aNFL quaterback, ridiculous, yet we still pay our money to watch our teams.

2 minutes ago, ALAN 58 said:

There,s  managers in jobs who have had more sackings than aNFL quaterback, ridiculous, yet we still pay our money to watch our teams.

Yep, we'll still be there.

17 minutes ago, Kelvin Phlats said:

I think the length of contract shows tremendous foresight by the club. He's an experienced manager in the lower leagues and it looks like that's where they've settled for.

If the powers that be were willing to spend to get back to the PL, they'd have gone for Warnock, but he'd have asked for a transfer kitty.  No, the next step is consolidation, but it wouldn't surprise me if we didn't get Neil back at some point as Director of Football.  The SUFC statement says some restructuring has yet to be done, so who knows, that may be sooner than I think.

Just seen this on the BBC news. Absolutely ridiculous.  At the end of the day, what was the point of appointing some with Jokanovic's promotion pedigree but not allowing him to have a good stab at the job?

Jokanovic, (& proved by Wilder & Heckingbottom before him), wasn't the problem, its the current malaise & the attitude of some of the players.   God knows who well have to bring in to shake them up? 

Edited by Baron99

22 minutes ago, Thirsty Relic said:

If the powers that be were willing to spend to get back to the PL, they'd have gone for Warnock, but he'd have asked for a transfer kitty.  No, the next step is consolidation, but it wouldn't surprise me if we didn't get Neil back at some point as Director of Football.  The SUFC statement says some restructuring has yet to be done, so who knows, that may be sooner than I think.

Warnock has retired if he wanted to be in football he'd still be at Middlesbrough.

1 hour ago, top4718 said:

Another sign that the club is in severe financial difficulties, at least the ones who were denying it on here have gone quiet now.  🤣

Good afternoon top4718 and welcome to this post, not for one minute did I think you wouldn't resist contributing !

A question for you.

Why is the financial situation at Bramall Lane of so much interest to you

Did someone on the Forum incite you in some way, it's a subject you won't let drop.

You may have before I can' t remember, have explained the financial situation at your club, would you mind doing it again.

I don't doubt that you are a likeable and hard working bloke, but there are chaps on here that think otherwise. The comment about the fact there are

m----y a---s on here I believe may allude to you, do correct me if I am wrong !

Managers come, managers go. At Sheffield 6 you know that very well.

Hecky may be a cheap option

I await your response when he gets us promoted

Have a good day

2 minutes ago, Runningman said:

Good afternoon top4718 and welcome to this post, not for one minute did I think you wouldn't resist contributing !

A question for you.

Why is the financial situation at Bramall Lane of so much interest to you

Did someone on the Forum incite you in some way, it's a subject you won't let drop.

You may have before I can' t remember, have explained the financial situation at your club, would you mind doing it again.

I don't doubt that you are a likeable and hard working bloke, but there are chaps on here that think otherwise. The comment about the fact there are

m----y a---s on here I believe may allude to you, do correct me if I am wrong !

Managers come, managers go. At Sheffield 6 you know that very well.

Hecky may be a cheap option

I await your response when he gets us promoted

Have a good day

I don't care what anonymous people on a Forum think.

Its a dual footy Forum I'm interested in all the comings and goings of local football, if it bothers you being totally skint then stick to a Blades only forum.

5 minutes ago, top4718 said:

Its a dual footy Forum I'm interested in all the comings and goings of local football, if it bothers you being totally skint then stick to a Blades only forum.

It seems to bother you more than anyone else on here.

1 minute ago, Alextopman said:

It seems to bother you more than anyone else on here.

It doesn't bother me it's actually made my day, why am I seeing your posts btw I blocked you ages ago?

1 minute ago, top4718 said:

Quite right dear fellow, it is a dual footy forum and well done in being interested in all the coming and goings of local football. However your financial interest in SUFC is at times OTT. Now it doesn't bother me and I have never intimated that it does the fact we are ' totally skint ' as you put it.

There is no such thing as a Blades only forum, too many folks from other clubs to interfere.

I have been watching and supporting the Blades for almost 70 years and always taken an interest in the fortunes of the Owls

Nothing surprises me, lots of what happens within football today disgusts me.

A challenge for you, try making this forum a better place !

Just now, top4718 said:

It doesn't bother me it's actually made my day, why am I seeing your posts btw I blocked you ages ago?

BTW, how do you see blocked posts.

So now we've got that porky out of the way do you think parachute payments and 28,000 crowds would cover any debts and expenses and if not please tell us why?.