Dem Blades V Bristol City.

X Owl player Vs X Owl player , interesting to see which manager comes out on top .????

5 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

It would have been carnage in town if we hadn't been picked for Sky TV.

Rotherham, Barnsley and Donny Rovers all have away games this weekend, if not, I'm sure the SY bobbies would have done something.

Hope Sunday’s match gives us something to cheer, Slav football was killing the atmosphere. Possession football doesn’t appear to be all it’s cracked up to be. 

4 hours ago, Baron99 said:

My bold. 

I don't think we're at that stage yet at BDTBL but we're heading in that direction. 

I'll go for (big ask!) a 2 - 0 Blades win on Sunday. 

Watching the press conference & listening to your chairman…Id be very concerned if I supported United…

If United don't get the "new manager bounce" they could be in trouble this season, can't see any new blood coming in in January so Hecky is going to have to work with what he's got, which isn't  much.

"Meet the new boss,

same as the old boss."

I'll be watching on SUTV but I'm not waiting with  bated breath. I think we're in for a repeat of last season with the players a year older.

3 minutes ago, cmonkes said:

'New manager bounce'..... you are forgetting, this isn't a new manager. He's worked with everyone other than the new boys in the summer. He knows the lads and they know him, it won't take much buying into. To be honest, in darting Slav.... this was probably the most sensible move. 

As for working with what he's got and not being much 😂😂 I suppose that comment is akin with your negativity towards ramsdale.... he wasn't very good and nobody wanted him apparently. Remind me how your fine footballing thoughts and knowledge on that one turned out again?

Remind me how your insistence that Uniteds finances were in order turned out, I'll take my mistake on Ramsdale, he's not your player anymore so hope he goes from strength to strength, now what about these dire finances?

10 hours ago, cmonkes said:

What dire finances would they be? We don't have any negative balances. We have balanced books and bills paid.....no red what so ever..... What's dire exactly?

Obviously financially in trouble, when battling away to build land in order to build an Elite Academy set up 😂😂

The restructure and the whole United World thing is bizarre, but I'd put your party hat and blower away at the minute 😂😂

Take no notice he's a one trick pony who thinks if he spouts the same thing over and over again it will come true.

11 hours ago, cmonkes said:

What dire finances would they be? We don't have any negative balances. We have balanced books and bills paid.....no red what so ever..... What's dire exactly?

Obviously financially in trouble, when battling away to build land in order to build an Elite Academy set up 😂😂

The restructure and the whole United World thing is bizarre, but I'd put your party hat and blower away at the minute 😂😂

I think fans would rather see players bought in than looking for land, you’ve just lost one of the Championships better due to lack of backing and are £85m in debt, take your rose tinted glasses off, the decline in your fortunes points to a club that is struggling.

I am watching on TV  , United have just scored (Brewster) , the thing that puzzles me about the TV coverage is the tinned sound ,it is obviously not the crowd in situ .

Yesterdays match at Hillsbro was full on crowd sound and it added to the commentary.

A welcome 3 points & the players did appear to be a bit more lively than in recent weeks but still too many shots at goal going astray & ending up in the crowd. 

I know it's only their first game & I should give them a chance & my backing but I can't see the management set up of Heckingbottom, McCall & Lester taking us back to the promised land?  As for a supposed 4.5 year contract, I doubt that Heckingbottom will be running things next August. 

20 hours ago, Kelvin Phlats said:

Yeah, at t'lane Cuttsie, they don't use the crowd noise as the sound of wailing and crying puts the viewers off, so they use the tinned crowd sound. Bit like the did during covid I think.

I suppose it's better than hearing the crowd screaming to stop the game because home fans are battering each other unconscious.

A lot better from the Blades today but still room for improvement.

Edited by Alextopman