Ipad Not Charging.

6 minutes ago, pattricia said:

Not as long as previously. I may treat myself to a new iPad. Which is the best one ?

That kind of follows, Pattricia, they do get 'tired' 😀

What have you got now, how old is it, and how much hammer do you give it?

I use an iPad Pro 12.9". Really good tablet in every way but very expensive.

If you just do general web browsing watch films/TV and use a few apps etc, go for the latest iPad. I think they start at £300+ for one with the smallest storage. I'd pay a bit more and go for one with 64GB or more. Only a guess that it would suit your needs. The standard one has a nice screen and sound, and isn't too big. There are other models, it all come down to money. (iPad Mini, iPad Air, iPad & iPad Pro)

I buy from John Lewis. It's the same item at the same price, but you get a 2 year warranty from them, not the standard 12 month.

You could switch to Android. There are some really good tablets but the upgrade path for Android is very poor (IMO)

Edited by zach

5 minutes ago, zach said:

I use an iPad Pro 12.9". Really good tablet in every way but very expensive.

If you just do general web browsing watch films/TV and use a few apps etc, go for the latest iPad. I think they start at £300+ for one with the smallest storage. I'd pay a bit more and go for one with 64GB or more. Only a guess that it would suit your needs. The standard one has a nice screen and sound, and isn't too big. There are other models, it all come down to money. (iPad Mini, iPad Air, iPad & iPad Pro)

I buy from John Lewis. It's the same item at the same price, but you get a 2 year warranty from them, not the standard 12 month.

You could switch to Android. There are some really good tablets but the uograde path for Android is very poor (IMO)

I have an iPad mini4, about 3 years old, but the 128GB model as it is used as my music player, at home and when I'm out - still got 83GB spare, but need to convert a load of 12" vinyls to MP4 and put them on.

18 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

I have an iPad mini4, about 3 years old, but the 128GB model as it is used as my music player, at home and when I'm out - still got 83GB spare, but need to convert a load of 12" vinyls to MP4 and put them on.

A good reason to plan ahead and get more storage than the bare minimum. I probably used the word 'bit' wrongly as they do tend to hike the price, the more storage you want. My tablets do a fair bit of work, at times I wish they did a 2TB version of both the iPad and Surface Pro. 1TB seems to get eaten up fairly quick! But it's part of the deal with mobile music and video conversion/editing...and filling them with junk that I'll probably never use again.

Edited by zach

16 hours ago, pattricia said:

I may treat myself to a new iPad. Which is the best one ?

Here you go.

This is what I was thinking of.

https://www.johnlewis.com/2021-apple-ipad-10-2-inch-a13-bionic-processor-ipados-wi-fi-64gb/p5756476

That will give you an idea of what's in the new ones, and price.

As usual... Out Of Stock (nothing new there with electronics ATM) 

10 minutes ago, zach said:

Here you go.

This is what I was thinking of.

https://www.johnlewis.com/2021-apple-ipad-10-2-inch-a13-bionic-processor-ipados-wi-fi-64gb/p5756476

That will give you an idea of what's in the new ones, and price.

As usual... Out Of Stock (nothing new there with electronics ATM) 

Thank you zach.

My wife's iPad - an Air2- which I bought second hand from, I think, Cashconverters about five years ago wouldn't charge. If plugged in, it cycled from blank screen to the Apple logo to a picture of a battery with a red line at the base then to blank  etc etc. It wouldn't charge. Lots of googling and one solution put forward was to heat up the battery using a hair dryer on the iPad. It worked - much to my surprise. Now showing 100% charge. Worth a try !