Sign in to follow this  

Recommend New Computer Please

Need recommendations for a gaming PC, budget around 400£

Not sure if to go with laptop or desktop, will be playing roblox, minecraft, gary’s mod, doom 2016, type games.

Needs monitor, unless it will work with TV (hdmi input).

Any suggestions?

You might struggle to get one for your budget, I'd up it to £600.

Though others may be able to offer a solution, I'm not sure I could manage it for only £400.

For a gaming PC I'd personally always go for a desktop PC, far easier to upgrade bits of it in the future than a laptop. The downside being no monitor of course.

If you're happy building it yourself then using a website like https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/ is quite good - they also have examples of what other people have built.

I am, however, with Pyrotequila thinking that £400 is quite restrictive,

16 hours ago, Waldo said:

Not sure if to go with laptop or desktop, will be playing roblox, minecraft, gary’s mod, doom 2016, type games.

Any suggestions?

I recently had to replace my Desktop PC, I like sitting at my desk but i also wanted a laptop for when im traveling etc

So i bought a laptop and i plug it into my Desktop monitor with a mouse and keyboard when im at home so i have the best of both worlds.

I suggest you dont buy anything with less than a Intel® Core™ i5 Processor or equivalent. And miumum 8 gig of RAM.

But you'll have to spend a bit more than £400

I bought a Samsung Galaxy Laptop on EE so i just pay monthly with my phone bill to spread the cost

👍

Gaming I'd recommend 16GB memory, you're going to want a separate graphics card unless you don't mind playing at lower resolutions and lower settings.  You might find something second hand for £400 that could be classed as a gaming PC but unlikely anything new, especially if you want a monitor with it. You can definitely plugin to the TV with HDMI but you'd have to see how well it copes with ghosting, lag etc. 

Thanks everyone. System isn't for me, and I'm a bit out of touch (have been in the Apple camp for the last10 years).

Does this look okay for the money, and use-case?

https://www.cclonline.com/product/362281/NoMfgCode/NoCat/Horizon-i3-1650-Windows-11-Next-Day-Gaming-PC/HORIZON-I3-1650/?utm_source=affiliates&utm_medium=rakuten&utm_campaign=digidip&siteID=hL3Qp0zRBOc-_ZMJTAZ5GiEYCBq9RvdDXg&PublisherName=digidip

On 20/11/2021 at 21:24, Waldo said:

Any suggestions?

Give Aspire a ring, maybe they could make you one up to the spec you want. If they could I think it would be much cheaper than the other main dealers.