Compulsory Vaccination?

Compulsory Vaccination?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Is it morally acceptable for a country to make covid vaccination compulsory for the general population?

• Yes, in some countries the situation in sufficiently bad that this can reasonably be considered.
    • No, while compulsory mass vaccination is not morally wrong under all circumstances, it is wrong for covid at this time.
    • No, compulsory mass vaccination is always wrong.

19 hours ago, Chekhov said:

My mother in law is in  care home.

She has now been triple vaccinated (plus I would bet money she had Covid in April 2020)

Any visitors she has have to test themselves thirty minutes before and register the result ion the govt website, then, when they get there everyone has to wear masks, gloves (I think) and aprons.

Bearing in mind, as I said, they have all been triple vaccinated (and most of the residents had Covid in April 2020) and therefore will never be more immune than they are nowwhy is this necessary ?

And, bearing in mind we will never get rid of Covid, how long will this madness go on for ?

What will change ?

Has anyone  (it's principally aimed at the suppressionists) answered this question, or is it "too difficult".

The way things are going care home staff and visitors will have to wear masks forever, and I'm not joking. I suspect quite strongly they will never get rid of masks in hospitals which will be nice for those working there (not) and encourage more people to work for the NHS (not, again).

It did occur to me if I ever had to go into a care home and be looked after by a load of people in masks (and possibly only visited by people in masks as well) I really would rather not be here any more. The problem is all gas cookers are on natural gas now ! ! ! (and, sadly, I am NOT joking.....)

Edited by Chekhov

5 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Has anyone  (it's principally aimed at the suppressionists) answered this question, or is it "too difficult".

The way things are going care home staff and visitors will have to wear masks forever, and I'm not joking. I suspect quite strongly they will never get rid of masks in hospitals which will be nice for those working there (not) and encourage more people to work for the NHS (not, again).

It did occur to me if I ever had to go into a care home and be looked after by a load of people in masks (and possibly only visited by people in masks as well) I really would rather not be here any more. The problem is all gas cookers are on natural gas now ! ! ! (and, sadly, I am NOT joking.....)

Then you need help 

10 hours ago, RJRB said:

Be as disgusted or as disgusting as you wish.

You are the one who tries to instil fear into those who have had the vaccine or considering it by your spurious connections to heart attacks ,incidents at football matches and any other issue that you can use .

As I said but you choose to by pass there have been some instances of adverse reactions which is a tragedy for those concerned.

There have been many more tragedies of people being incapacitated and succumbing to this virus.A fact that you dismiss as nothing but a minor illness.

So your faux righteousness fools nobody.

Well perhaps one

"Tried to instil fear" absolute nonsense, if the jab is causing problems it should be known so people can make an informed decision whether to have it or not, not supressed to hide the issue, again if you think the current spate of heart conditions isn't connected that's your choice.

I can assure you there will be many more tragedies connected with lockdowns and the obsession with Covid than the virus itself will ever cause, my only living parent is only alive today due to a random healthcheck which detected an early form of cancer 12 years ago, these checks have just been put on hold for the sake of a booster that isn't needed and you're quite happy for that to pass without comment. 

17 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Then you would be incredibly selfish for dying and denying loved ones the opportunity to see you just because they wear a mask to protect you. 

That or you are just lying for emphasis

Interesting to see that nightclubs in France are to close for four weeks due to a surge in cases connected to them, France have requested vaccine passports in nightclubs since July, another reason why these things are totally useless but will still probably be introduced over here.

10 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Then you need help 

Why is that ? You are implying you would be quite happy to live in a care home being looked after by a load of people in masks and only ever visited by people in masks ? If you think that is any way an acceptable way to treat people (either the residents, the visitors or the staff) it is you who needs help ! And, BTW, whilst I think the (unnecessary) vaccine mandate for care home staff is the main driver for the worst staff crisis in care homes ever, I suspect the staff having to wear masks all day must also have some influence. Who would want to wear a mask all day ? 

But you still haven't answered the questions :

>>Bearing in mind, as I said, they have all been triple vaccinated (and most of the residents had Covid in April 2020) and therefore will never be more immune than they are nowwhy is this necessary ?

>>And, bearing in mind we will never get rid of Covid, how long will this madness go on for ?

>>What will change ?

1 minute ago, Chekhov said:

Why is that ? You are implying you would be quite happy to live in a care home being looked after by a load of people in masks and only ever visited by people in masks ? If you think that is any way an acceptable way to treat people (either the residents, the visitors or the staff) it is you who needs help ! And, BTW, whilst I think the (unnecessary) vaccine mandate for care home staff is the main driver for the worst staff crisis in care homes ever, I suspect the staff having to wear masks all day must also have some influence. Who would want to wear a mask all day ? 

The UK can't suppress mask wearing just because one person has a strong aversion to them. I'm sorry but you are just not that important.

14 minutes ago, Delayed said:

Then you would be incredibly selfish for dying and denying loved ones the opportunity to see you just because they wear a mask to protect you. 

That or you are just lying for emphasis

I am not "lying for emphasis".

I agree that someone committing suicide is very upsetting for those left behind, it's the worst part of it (apart from the mental anguish which caused it in the first place)

You seem to be suggesting that people should keep on living even if they really do not want to, so their relatives can come and see then once every few weeks. I don't think so.

Suicide can be  a perfectly rational thing to do. How about this scenario ? A bloke has had a car accident, he was driving, his only child is killed and he loses a leg. Three weeks later he discovers his wife is leaving him and, because they have been married for  a long time, she will be taking half the house and half his business.

That bloke wanting to opt out would be perfectly rational, personally I would not blame him in the least

7 minutes ago, Carbuncle said:

The UK can't suppress mask wearing just because one person has a strong aversion to them. I'm sorry but you are just not that important.

But you still haven't answered the questions !

>>Bearing in mind, as I said, they have all been triple vaccinated (and most of the residents had Covid in April 2020) and therefore will never be more immune than they are nowwhy is this necessary ?

>>And, bearing in mind we will never get rid of Covid, how long will this madness go on for ?

>>What will change ?

And, whilst I'm on, do you think masks should be mandated in hospitals forever ?

And do you think that will be pleasant for the NHS staff working there and encourage as many people as poss to want to work in hospitals ?

Yes or no ?

Edited by Chekhov

20 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

But you still haven't answered the questions :

>>What will change ?

Q 1 extra safety Q2 until it is deemed safe Q 3 I don’t know 

1 minute ago, hackey lad said:

Q 1 extra safety Q2 until it is deemed safe Q 3 I don’t know 

So you STILL haven't answered the questions ! ! !

Q1 - How safe, objectively speaking, do you want them to be (bearing in mind they will almost certainly die of something other than Covid anyway) ?

Q2 - What does that even mean (objectively speaking) ? And who is to decide what is safe ?

Q3 - If you don't even know what has to change in order for us to get back to normal that sums up why we are were we are.

I get the impression you are pretty happy to keep living with all this for years, possibly forever, am I right or wrong ?

30 minutes ago, top4718 said:

"Tried to instil fear" absolute nonsense, if the jab is causing problems it should be known so people can make an informed decision whether to have it or not, not supressed to hide the issue, again if you think the current spate of heart conditions isn't connected that's your choice.

I can assure you there will be many more tragedies connected with lockdowns and the obsession with Covid than the virus itself will ever cause, my only living parent is only alive today due to a random healthcheck which detected an early form of cancer 12 years ago, these checks have just been put on hold for the sake of a booster that isn't needed and you're quite happy for that to pass without comment. 

A bit busy to respond at the moment.

Some while back you said you had to get to bed because “some of us have to work”.

Must be another slow day on the building sites.

See you later.

10 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

So you STILL haven't answered the questions ! ! !

Q1 - How safe, objectively speaking, do you want them to be (bearing in mind they will almost certainly die of something other than Covid anyway) ?

Q2 - What does that even mean (objectively speaking) ? And who is to decide what is safe ?

Q3 - If you don't even know what has to change in order for us to get back to normal that sums up why we are were we are.

I get the impression you are pretty happy to keep living with all this for years, possibly forever, am I right or wrong ?

I get the impression all you do is ask questions and don’t like the answers