Compulsory Vaccination?

Compulsory Vaccination?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Is it morally acceptable for a country to make covid vaccination compulsory for the general population?

• Yes, in some countries the situation in sufficiently bad that this can reasonably be considered.
    • No, while compulsory mass vaccination is not morally wrong under all circumstances, it is wrong for covid at this time.
    • No, compulsory mass vaccination is always wrong.

3 minutes ago, butlers said:

S Korea.

Singapore

Japan 

Germany

The first 3 already have had systems in place for many years to help negate the effect of any new contagion that may arise as most come from that part of the world.

Now with Germany, you seem to be having a laugh. In the above cases though in what way have they actually done better?

9 minutes ago, top4718 said:

Went in a few supermarkets this weekend, the first time since the nonsensical comfort blankets were bought back in the results:

Small Tesco (about a third of staff not wearing them)

90% - gullible 

10% - normal

Aldi/Morrisons (about half the staff not wearing them)

85% - gullible

15% - normal

Large Tesco Extra (not in long enough to see many staff but the ones on self serve checkouts were unmasked)

60% - gullible

40% - normal

Also went to a busy barbers where no one wore one, the staff said they would on request but were not doing normally.

Can I ask anyone who had stopped wearing one and now does again what they are protecting themselves from that they didn't feel the need to just over a week ago?

PS: that doing it for others garbage is the biggest load of Government led nonsense since Chamberlain's peace in our time declaration.

What other people wear or don't wear in a supermarket is not any of your concern. I bet you had to go and have a lay down when you saw all them members of the public exercising their own personal choice.

You're  like a dog with a bone.

Guest sibon
1 hour ago, top4718 said:

Can I ask anyone who had stopped wearing one and now does again what they are protecting themselves from that they didn't feel the need to just over a week ago?

How I've missed Toppanory and the reports from our Supermarket  correspondent.

The 90%+ of the population ( the normal ones) aren't protecting themselves from anything. They are part of a collective action to protect each other from a killer virus.

Feel free to continue being an unconcientious objector.  We don't need you, by the way.  You are simply a bit of an irritant.

Join the human race anytime you like.

1 hour ago, Dardandec said:

What other people wear or don't wear in a supermarket is not any of your concern. I bet you had to go and have a lay down when you saw all them members of the public exercising their own personal choice.

You're  like a dog with a bone.

I'll ask again -  anyone who had stopped wearing one and now does again what they are protecting themselves from that they didn't feel the need to just over a week ago?

The case numbers in England since July prove that masks make zero difference as case numbers have fallen week on week without them, the facts are there but you'll just keep blindly doing what Boris says, quite sad really.

Edited by top4718

Guest sibon
5 minutes ago, top4718 said:

I'll ask again -  anyone who had stopped wearing one and now does again what they are protecting themselves from that they didn't feel the need to just over a week ago?

The case numbers in England since July prove that masks make zero difference as case numbers have fallen week on week without them, the facts are there but you'll just keep blindly doing what Boris says, quite sad really.

I'll answer again. 

Have a look up there ^^^ .

No surprise that you can't grasp a simple public health concept.

Edited by sibon

Get someone else to answer I don't take much notice of your "know it all" replies.

The percentage numbers will start to even up as there's a definitely noticeable trend that more people are waking up.

I'll say again restrictions and covid obsession have caused more damage to the health of this country now and in the future than Covid ever will, its not "our sort" that are the menace.

The postponement of health checks for the over 75's at the expense of booster jabs that are not even needed is a national disgrace, I'd be ashamed to say I'd complied for that reason alone but I wouldn't expect anyone in the cult to care.

Goodnight.

Guest sibon
4 minutes ago, top4718 said:

Get someone else to answer I don't take much notice of your "know it all" replies.

The percentage numbers will start to even up as there's a definitely noticeable trend that more people are waking up.

I'll say again restrictions and covid obsession have caused more damage to the health of this country now and in the future than Covid ever will, its not "our sort" that are the menace.

The postponement of health checks for the over 75's at the expense of booster jabs that are not even needed is a national disgrace, I'd be ashamed to say I'd complied for that reason alone but I wouldn't expect anyone in the cult to care.

Goodnight.

And, with that, he simultaneously flounced and tried to change the subject.

If there are any regular readers of this column left, you can note that Tops is still fearful of replying to me directly. Make your own minds up about his reasons for hiding.

Quite a funny flounce though.

Edited by sibon

2 hours ago, top4718 said:

Went in a few supermarkets this weekend, the first time since the nonsensical comfort blankets were bought back in the results:

Small Tesco (about a third of staff not wearing them)

90% - gullible 

10% - normal

Aldi/Morrisons (about half the staff not wearing them)

85% - gullible

15% - normal

Large Tesco Extra (not in long enough to see many staff but the ones on self serve checkouts were unmasked)

60% - gullible

40% - normal

Also went to a busy barbers where no one wore one, the staff said they would on request but were not doing normally.

PS: that doing it for others garbage is the biggest load of Government led nonsense since Chamberlain's peace in our time declaration.

Are you one of the normal ones ?

“Covid variants don’t warrant restrictions on our freedom” – Prof Sunetra Gupta, Infectious disease expert at Oxford University and the UK’s top epidemiologist.

Meanwhile Pfizer and Moderna made 9 billion Euro's in a week due to the new (harmless) variant, keep rolling your sleeves up suckers.

9 hours ago, hackey lad said:

For the record a very high percentage of people who did wear these useless things were wearing them below the nose, even more of a complete waste of time.

15 hours ago, fools said:

Nope, I'm reading what you presented properly, with a critical eye, instead of taking it at face value.

You are doing what the government, media and your opponents do, finding some stats that seemingly match your narrative, and ignoring all the buts, all the footnotes.

"Patients in hospital with a positive Covid test"    If anyone spent 5 minutes, they could come up with 20 explanations as to why this figure might vary, perhaps one country isn't quite as good at manipulating figures for example, perhaps one country dumped all their ill people into care homes, perhaps they were useless at infection control, and they all caught it in hospital. Perhaps one country shoved that swab into your eye socket and had a good rummage around a bit more.

You can find quite a few mask wearing nations that have done far better, why not quote them.

There's no convincing the authoritarian left, they aren't going to change their mind.

Right well these pro suppressionists can't have it both ways then.

If they are saying that hospitalisation figures and death rate figures are not comparable between different areas of the same country (to strongly indicate that masks and vaccine passports are of limited benefit, if any at all), then say well Sweden didn't do so well because other different countries had still lower death rates.

11 hours ago, hackey lad said:

I had a security guy offer me a face mask when I walked into Morrisons without a mask this morning. I said I had an exemption and he said "that's absolutely fine". I had no problem with how he handled the situation, in fact I felt a bit sorry for him having to ask people, though, as I say, he did it very well.

Just to remind people, if wearing a mask causes you mental distress you have a genuine exemption, no ifs or buts.

Edited by Chekhov

16 hours ago, hackey lad said:

A reasonable age to die , really . 

What you are saying makes no rational sense.

You seem to be implying it makes no difference what age you die as to "how sad" it is.

Well I do not agree with you and I doubt many others would either.

2 hours ago, top4718 said:

“Covid variants don’t warrant restrictions on our freedom” – Prof Sunetra Gupta, Infectious disease expert at Oxford University and the UK’s top epidemiologist.

Meanwhile Pfizer and Moderna made 9 billion Euro's in a week due to the new (harmless) variant, keep rolling your sleeves up suckers.

For the record a very high percentage of people who did wear these useless things were wearing them below the nose, even more of a complete waste of time.

You did not answer my question 

7 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

What you are saying makes no rational sense.

You seem to be implying it makes no difference what age you die as to "how sad" it is.

Well I do not agree with you and I doubt many others would either.

No. You said most people die in their mid eighties as though you think it’s ok