Compulsory Vaccination?

Compulsory Vaccination?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Is it morally acceptable for a country to make covid vaccination compulsory for the general population?

• Yes, in some countries the situation in sufficiently bad that this can reasonably be considered.
    • No, while compulsory mass vaccination is not morally wrong under all circumstances, it is wrong for covid at this time.
    • No, compulsory mass vaccination is always wrong.

1 minute ago, West 77 said:

To answer your question my child would still have the vaccine because I'm a logical person.

I've been called worse on here.

What are your motives for your obsessive  anti vaccine  contributions?

So you'd also force a child who's seen someone die due to an adverse reaction to a vaccine that they don't really need, you're on another level to the other brainwashed on here.

I'm not anti vaccine I've had loads of them for various reasons.

1 minute ago, West 77 said:

Appreciate the compliment. No arguments from me that I'm on another level. 

My bad you must be only anti covid vaccine. 

I don't think its anything to be proud of.

I'm anti enforced Covid vaccine.

You are anti covid vaccine seems a fairer take from your postings

Just now, butlers said:

You are anti covid vaccine seems a fairer take from your postings

Not at all, if you want a vaccine for an illness that will only be deadly for a small percentage of the population and is unproven long term have as many as you want, I'll choose not to.

Your position is quite plain in the main thread.

1 hour ago, butlers said:

Your position is quite plain in the main thread.

His position is quite clear full stop. He's not anti vax, he's had vaccines himself, he's not anti covid vax- he is anti compulsory covid vaccinations.

Same for me.

Referring to Covid vaccine as "muck"  ,denying they work etc is not the same as saying " In my individual cases,I judge I am safer not taking the vaccine"

He's being at best disingenuous.

I'm very surprised by how the poll results are turning out.

Strangely although the majority (thus far) see compulsory vaccination as morally acceptable nobody has actually come out and argued that case. One thing I do wonder about is whether people might be just so fed up with the conspiracy theorists and the harm that conspiracy theories have caused over covid that they would countenance an incredibly illiberal measure like forcing people to have a medical procedure they do not want.

2 minutes ago, butlers said:

Referring to Covid vaccine as "muck"  ,denying they work etc is not the same as saying " In my individual cases,I judge I am safer not taking the vaccine"

He's being at best disingenuous.

This is an emotive subject and a very emotive thread, so the odd term like 'muck' is entirely forgivable- it's not like many of those opposing him aren't constantly using ad hominem attacks and insults, is it?

Clearly, in his opinion, the vaccine is not good- nevertheless, he's fine with people choosing to use it.

What he IS against, is it being compulsory.

Let's not clutter the thread up with this disagreement.

Must admit I am surprised by the current vote totals

Off your high horses folks, there wont be any "forced" vaccinations

Genuine question,  if anyone goes into hospital with covid and they haven't had a jab, do they give them one as part of their treatment? 🤔