Lack Of Staff At Boots On High Street

My brother went in Boots on High Street & found a lack of staff on checkouts , instead there are self service all over . What about if people can't use this , some find it difficult . Is this a money saving thing ? . 

Same in Wilkinsons at Crystal Peaks . One person on tills , one person covering 5 self service tills . The self service tills are card only . What about the cash paying members of society ?

6 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Same in Wilkinsons at Crystal Peaks . One person on tills , one person covering 5 self service tills . The self service tills are card only . What about the cash paying members of society ?

They can queue up for the one person on the till.

And when my brother joined the queue for the one till that had a person on it , he was on the phone 

11 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

They can queue up for the one person on the till.

And they do , long queues and some tasty language 

I have been in Boots in Hillsborough and in town and both had assistants who left the medicines counter unattended while all working in the dispensary section. 

12 hours ago, lavery549@yahoo said:

My brother went in Boots on High Street & found a lack of staff on checkouts , instead there are self service all over . What about if people can't use this , some find it difficult . Is this a money saving thing ? . 

Yes.

Retailers can get away with testing the market during a pandemic, rest assured they ain’t going to offer better service, just what they can get away with.

Went to boots for fluejab. The person did not even wash his hands before starting. Had to mention this and ask him to wash his hands first.

Edited by dutch

4 hours ago, dutch said:

Went to boots for fluejab. The person did not even wash his hands before starting. Had to mention this and ask him to wash his hands first.

I was told there was a months waiting list for the flue jab at Boots in Hillsborough so I put my name on it. When I went for the jab a month later, they said they didn’t know anything about !  Luckily they had a spare vaccine which I had, but they seem very unorganised.

On 18/11/2021 at 20:46, lavery549@yahoo said:

When I've been in Boots on the High St, there's always at least 1 member of staff watching over the self service tills, available to help if you ask. 

There's also alternatives.  You can also go to one of the other counters, such as down near the area you pick prescriptions up or round the corner where they sell their make-up.  If staff are around those till areas, they're always happy to serve you. 

All retail is the same, staff are cut and expected to do the same amount of work, it's not just Boots. Re flu jabs, just book it on their website.

Edited by Guest