Virgin Bank

called in at he Virgin bank in Hillsborough wanting a mini statement for my account with them.

Nice lady behind the desk told me I could get one from the machine and being stupid (I thought ) I could not work out how. Went back to the desk and then when she saw I had a Virgin debit card she was apologetic saying I could not obtain a statement for my Virgin account from the Virgin ATM in a Virgin branch with a Virgin debit card and I needed her to print it off on her monitor

You could tear up the after dinner speech circuit with a story like that, mate.

Ha! You just couldn't make it up.  What a useless set up that is. I'd be tempted to switch banks personally, if that's a typical example of their efficiency. It's like going back 40 years in time.

Edited by Magneteer

The only reason I have a virgin account is that you could use the debit card abroad without incurring fees. They have appalling customer service.

2 hours ago, BigAl1 said:

The only reason I have a virgin account is that you could use the debit card abroad without incurring fees. They have appalling customer service.

There are loads of others now. Monzo, Starling, Chase to name just three. 

9 hours ago, BigAl1 said:

called in at he Virgin bank in Hillsborough wanting a mini statement for my account with them.

Nice lady behind the desk told me I could get one from the machine and being stupid (I thought ) I could not work out how. Went back to the desk and then when she saw I had a Virgin debit card she was apologetic saying I could not obtain a statement for my Virgin account from the Virgin ATM in a Virgin branch with a Virgin debit card and I needed her to print it off on her monitor

I`m a bit confused at what the issue was. I am assuming you wanted the mini statement for a current account. There is a Virgin bank in Rotherham (ex Yorks bank) and I can go to the cash point machine outside or the one inside the bank and get a mini statement. Are the virgin banks not all the same in this respect?  

Edited by Janus
Additional info

15 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

There are loads of others now. Monzo, Starling, Chase to name just three. 

Don't want app based account

11 hours ago, Janus said:

I`m a bit confused at what the issue was. I am assuming you wanted the mini statement for a current account. There is a Virgin bank in Rotherham (ex Yorks bank) and I can go to the cash point machine outside or the one inside the bank and get a mini statement. Are the virgin banks not all the same in this respect?  

Yes all I wanted is a mini statement for my current account.

Clearly not all Virgin Banks are the same because I could not do this at the Hillsborough branch and I was told the reason was because I had a Virgin debit card (could do other normal business just not get the statement)

It sounds like that branch has not fully transferred all the services from YB to Virgin.

15 hours ago, Janus said:

It sounds like that branch has not fully transferred all the services from YB to Virgin.

Genius would never have guessed that

I was simply amused by the fact that in a Virgin bank having a virgin debit card was the problem

I had a bank loan with Yorkshire bank just as it was taken over by Virgin.

I have just paid this off and enquired about another loan, to be told that I can only apply for a loan by using their telephone app.

I bank on line but have been told the app is the only option. I have informed them I will be moving my accounts.To get a settlement figure I  had to contact them four times.

4 hours ago, briret said:

I had a bank loan with Yorkshire bank just as it was taken over by Virgin.

I have just paid this off and enquired about another loan, to be told that I can only apply for a loan by using their telephone app.

I bank on line but have been told the app is the only option. I have informed them I will be moving my accounts.To get a settlement figure I  had to contact them four times.

I wanted a new savings account to replace my existing one , needed to wait 3 weeks for an appointment and despite the fact I was an existing customer had to bring proof of identity. They are a complete shambles.

I've recently got a virgin credit card the app is absolutely useless. I have to keep  deleting the app and logging back in. It works for a couple of times and then stops working.  I only looked at the reviews on Google play store after I was experiencing problems because I thought it might be my phone but other people have had the same issues.