Places To Live In Sheffield

Hi guys, Stan here. I’m new here.  I’m relocating from Swansea to Sheffield this December but having a hard time choosing a location to live in. Please advise on the best family friendly areas. My job is in the middle of town and will be driving for the most part so an area with good schools, safe and spacious would be top of my list. An ethnically diverse area would be a bonus but not a deal breaker.

Just now, Stanmash said:

Hi guys, Stan here. I’m new here.  I’m relocating from Swansea to Sheffield this December but having a hard time choosing a location to live in. Please advise on the best family friendly areas. My job is in the middle of town and will be driving for the most part so an area with good schools, safe and spacious would be top of my list. An ethnically diverse area would be a bonus but not a deal breaker.

Page Hall.

End of thread.

Walkley and Crookes for me.

Good variety of housing and easy access to Rivelin and Loxley valleys

i would suggest whirlow,dore ect,but you need big cash for that area,a mixed area is meersbrook,plenty of schools shops pubs ect

Budget and size of house would help.

29 minutes ago, ukdobby said:

Budget and size of house would help.

i agree as that narrows the choice down

3 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Page Hall.

End of thread.

Page Hall is very ethnically diverse and property prices have crashed over the last 10 years so its very cheap 👍 

And dont worry if you dont have a fridge or a mattress, there are loads just dumped in the streets around there

1 minute ago, Jack Grey said:

And dont worry if you dont have a fridge or a mattress, there are loads just dumped in the streets around there

I've not seen many dumped fridges lately

Hello Stan. 

Consider Woodseats on the south side of the city. S8. Mix of old and new build. Good shops etc. and regular buses into town. Well run schools. You can see Derbyshire from your  bedroom window. Fair property prices. 

12 minutes ago, Cyclecar said:

Hello Stan. 

Consider Woodseats on the south side of the city. S8. Mix of old and new build. Good shops etc. and regular buses into town. Well run schools. You can see Derbyshire from your  bedroom window. Fair property prices. 

I've been working on a job at Woodseats today and tbh thought the shopping area seemed a bit scruffy.  I lived on Woodseats till 2001 but the variety of shops is nowhere as good these days. I know all retail areas have suffered to some degree over the last few years. I still think its a good part of Sheffield to move to,  with the main problem being the traffic through the shopping area. I'd heard there were proposals for radical new transportation solutions to alleviate this though...

Grenoside's quite an good area, with a strong sense of coqmmunity.

17 hours ago, bungleboy69 said:

I've been working on a job at Woodseats today and tbh thought the shopping area seemed a bit scruffy.  I lived on Woodseats till 2001 but the variety of shops is nowhere as good these days. I know all retail areas have suffered to some degree over the last few years. I still think its a good part of Sheffield to move to,  with the main problem being the traffic through the shopping area. I'd heard there were proposals for radical new transportation solutions to alleviate this though...

I've not heard of any - unless you count the building of a new sports stadium at Meadowhead to get even more traffic