Places To Live In Sheffield

plus the stadium is for 5,000 people for events ect as well,so more traffic,the football is normally 5/700,but they built or will build a stadium for 5,000 people for bands ect,hope they get the parking right,but woodseats is nice

Thank you all for the kind responses. Some have asked me to give more info to narrow down the search. I’m looking for a 3 bed minimum, preferably semi-detached or detached. I can spread my budget up to about £1150pcm. Has to be in a good school district preferably, I have three girls in junior school. Hope that helps.

Edited by Stanmash
Addition of good school district requirements

4 hours ago, Stanmash said:

Thank you all for the kind responses. Some have asked me to give more info to narrow down the search. I’m looking for a 3 bed minimum, preferably semi-detached or detached. I can spread my budget up to about £1150pcm. Has to be in a good school district preferably, I have three girls in junior school. Hope that helps.

Best areas of Sheffield with best schools are S10 S11 S17. Out of all those, this was the only option on Rightmove

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/find.html?locationIdentifier=OUTCODE^2214&insId=1&maxPrice=1200&minBedrooms=3&secondaryDisplayPropertyType=semidetachedhouses&numberOfPropertiesPerPage=24&areaSizeUnit=sqft&googleAnalyticsChannel=renting

I would imagine demand for school places is high at present, getting all three into the same school might be a challenge.

i think s8 would suit you best,woodseats area,dronfield all close to schools,shops ect

4 hours ago, bassett one said:

i think s8 would suit you best,woodseats area,dronfield all close to schools,shops ect

Or Heeley 👍

2 hours ago, Jack Grey said:

Or Heeley 👍

Heeley covers a multitude of areas... some are absolutely lovely, some not quite so lovely...

Personally I find the S.W. of Sheffield over priced for what it is. Yes there’s ok schools and close to Derbyshire/Peak District - but the road network is a nightmare, usually constantly grinds to a halt. You also end up paying over the odds.

Look more to the North of the city. Decent transport network (including tram out towards Hillsborough/Middlewood), still easy access to Derbyshire/Peak District, with decent schools but a much better road network.

On 19/11/2021 at 00:19, Michael_N said:

Personally I find the S.W. of Sheffield over priced for what it is. Yes there’s ok schools and close to Derbyshire/Peak District - but the road network is a nightmare, usually constantly grinds to a halt. You also end up paying over the odds.

Look more to the North of the city. Decent transport network (including tram out towards Hillsborough/Middlewood), still easy access to Derbyshire/Peak District, with decent schools but a much better road network.

Thanks Michael, getting a house that suits our family is turning out to be a nightmare in the highly recommended areas, especially S7, S10, S11. I understand they have very good schools. But if I’m going to be consistently late for work because of traffic then it ceases to make much sense anyway. So I now have to widen my search area. Other than Hillsborough, any other areas of  S8 that can be recommended?

On 18/11/2021 at 15:54, bassett one said:

Thank you. Someone also recommended, in addition to these, Stannington and Hillsborough. I will put alerts on these as well. Getting a tad bit worried, the housing market is not as forgiving. 

On 21/11/2021 at 08:43, Stanmash said:

Thanks Michael, getting a house that suits our family is turning out to be a nightmare in the highly recommended areas, especially S7, S10, S11. I understand they have very good schools. But if I’m going to be consistently late for work because of traffic then it ceases to make much sense anyway. So I now have to widen my search area. Other than Hillsborough, any other areas of  S8 that can be recommended?

Generally almost everywhere in S6 is pretty decent, there are a few exceptions and I make no apologies for saying it - avoid Fox Hill and lower parts of Stannington around the tower blocks (Roscoe Bank estate).

Avoid S5 altogether, though parts are undergoing regeneration and becoming a lot better such as Parson Cross. New build 3-beds are going for between £200-220k which is surprising, but just shows what regeneration can do!

Adjoining areas such as Grenoside and Burncross are pretty decent and great value for money - as is Oughtibridge and Wharncliffe Side. The latter two areas seeing plenty of new housing developments along the riverside.

All depends what you want really, but have a drive around and see what you think. You will know when an area feels right - then you can narrow down your search. 

Hope this helps! :)

Greystones is a pretty vibrant area with good schools (High Storrs or Silverdale would probably be the feeder secondary schools. You could get a house in that price region but it may not have off street parking. Nether Edge is pretty diverse and you'd have King Ecberts or Mercia as potential secondary schools. Carterknowle is a bit cheaper but has access to the same schools. I reckon your rental budget would get you something around those areas