Has Doctor Who Gone Past Its Sell By Date ?

From the interviews I've seen with him, Ncuti Gatwa looks like an excellent choice.  It's a shame the announcement was so underwhelming; I remember the video reveal for Jodie Whittaker, but all I spotted for this chap was a quick tweet from the BBC account.  I wonder if the news was about to be broken by a tabloid or something, so they had to announce it in a bit of a rush. 

Looking forward to seeing Tennant and Tate again too.  Wonder if they'll coax Eccleston back.

Edited by Guest

More casting news: Yasmin Finney cast as Rose.

Netflix’s Heartstoppers breakout Yasmin Finney is to play Rose in the next Doctor Who as the show continues to drip-feed cast for Russell T Davies’ 14th season.

“How can there be another Rose?,” said Davies, teasing a reference to the same character played by Billie Piper from 2005 to 2010 when Davies was first at the helm, when she starred opposite Christopher Eccleston and then David Tennant.

No more information on the return of Rose was forthcoming but scenes are being filmed shortly to air next year.

Finney’s Heartstoppers breakout dropped on Netflix recently and has been acclaimed for its sophisticated portrayal of young, LGBTQ+ issues. Finney, who plays Elle Argent in Heartsstoppers, will be one of the first transgender actors to appear in Doctor Who.

What else would the BBC waste our money on?  Well, I suppose some of the kids enjoy it.  I never did and I remember watching William Hartnell too.

On 15/05/2022 at 20:21, Hecate said:

From the interviews I've seen with him, Ncuti Gatwa looks like an excellent choice.  It's a shame the announcement was so underwhelming; I remember the video reveal for Jodie Whittaker, but all I spotted for this chap was a quick tweet from the BBC account.  I wonder if the news was about to be broken by a tabloid or something, so they had to announce it in a bit of a rush. 

Looking forward to seeing Tennant and Tate again too.  Wonder if they'll coax Eccleston back.

On 16/05/2022 at 20:39, Hecate said:

More casting news: Yasmin Finney cast as Rose.

From the interviews I've seen with 'how ever you pronounce his first name' I doubt if he's ever watched an episode of Dr Who.

As for Yasman Finney taking the part of Rose, begs an alternative to  the age old  question of "what came first the Chicken or the egg".

"What came first ? "the need to fill an acting roll with some one with necessary capabilities" - or "the need to fill the roll with someone from a diverse background" :huh: .

🌍 gone daft.

Edited by Rockers rule
-

On 15/11/2021 at 14:01, Hecate said:

... I do hope RTD will do as he's expected and tick a good few diversity boxes along the way.  Watching the huffy fallout will be amusing.

And it has been beautiful :D .

I do think RTD has been extremely savvy with his choices so far: Heartstoppers and Sex Education are absolutely massive with the younglings that folk on here insist is the target demographic, plus the froth and foam from the old and angry has built up some click-friendly buzz, particularly as it seems that Rose's story might get some unexpected prodding and poking.  Bravo!  Can't wait to see what happens next.

Spoiler

What? What?! WHAT?!

Magnificent!

:D :D :D

Last 5 minutes of Dr Who were the best last night. My 18 year old son was tutting all way through it but liked the last 5 minutes. 

1 hour ago, Cazwaz69 said:

Last 5 minutes of Dr Who were the best last night. My 18 year old son was tutting all way through it but liked the last 5 minutes. 

Yes, it went out with a bang, last night, but the rest of this series have been disapointing. The original Dr Who’s were the best. It doesn’t matter whether Dr Who is male or female but what viewers do want is originality.

2 minutes ago, pattricia said:

Yes, it went out with a bang, last night, but the rest of this series have been disapointing. The original Dr Who’s were the best. It doesn’t matter whether Dr Who is male or female but what viewers do want is originality.

My two daughters used to call it Dr. Woosh.

Then hide behind the Sofa to watch it.

3 minutes ago, Padders said:

My two daughters used to call it Dr. Woosh.

Then hide behind the Sofa to watch it.

Now how coincidental is that ?? My two sons loved it but also hid behind the sofa to watch it. I think it was the introductory music that scared them.! 

• Like 1

Well I did like the tune and the Daleks but then I don't go for anything far-fetched,  like ghost stories though.

As mentioned before, William Hartnell was my favourite, I agree with Padders, woosh! That was me when the Daleks appeared,  forget the settee, I was under the carpet.  :roll: