Poland Belarus Border Crisis

What’s the solution?

Illegitimate regime in Belarus weaponising migrants, it’s been called hybrid warfare, it’s certainly a hostile act on the part of Belarus.

My feeling is, the regime in Belarus absolutely needs to go, whatever it takes, and the sooner the better, even at the risk of ******* off Putin.

While I obviously don’t know the nitty gritty of the relationship between Russia and Belarus, I strongly suspect Putin is quite happy for Belarus to create chaos and instability in Eastern Europe.

Imagine it would quite well suit his agenda, Belarus is a buffer between Russia and Europe, Russia using Belarus as a proxy etc, but gambling that the situation won’t escalate to a more serious conflict. Imagine it’s a case of testing the waters, see how the west response...

It's a bit rich & down right two-faced hypocracy for the EU to accuse Belarus of attacking & trying to undermine the Eastern EU borders & the security of the EU in general by encouraging illegal migrants to gather & potentially enter the EU.

Yet at the same time, the EU hierarchy seemingly turns a blind eye & allows undocumented illegal migrants to freely flow across members' borders & ultimately gather on the Northern coasts of France, in order to attempt illegal crossings to the UK. 

Get your own house in order first EU & sort out your member states & deal with the illegals within your own borders. 

1 hour ago, Baron99 said:

It's a bit rich & down right two-faced hypocracy for the EU to accuse Belarus of attacking & trying to undermine the Eastern EU borders & the security of the EU in general by encouraging illegal migrants to gather & potentially enter the EU.

Yet at the same time, the EU hierarchy seemingly turns a blind eye & allows undocumented illegal migrants to freely flow across members' borders & ultimately gather on the Northern coasts of France, in order to attempt illegal crossings to the UK. 

Get your own house in order first EU & sort out your member states & deal with the illegals within your own borders. 

I assume by the same logic you would regard the "UK" (government? Brexiteers?) as hypocritical when they criticise the EU/ France over migrants on 'our border' in northern France when the "UK" has  (1) failed to prevent the entry of 'illegal migrants' and (2) failed to prevent the movement of 'illegal migrants' from England to Scotland and Wales.

Can we please focus on the topic at hand, specifically the situation on the Poland Belarus border. Rather than diverting the discussion to any UK EU conflict of interest.

Lukasenko is a Russian puppet. Nothing happens there without Putin's approval. He wants for this thing to escalate to the point of lethal force usage.

No lives matter for a psychopath, those people are just numbers, means to an end.

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

Exactly correct. The corrupt EU have no credibility to criticise other countries regarding illegal economic migration when they are the biggest causes of economic migrants invading Europe due to the ludicrous Schengren agreement.

The EU isn't corrupt. Belarus is. And he's playing them, very very well. 

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

Exactly correct. The corrupt EU have no credibility to criticise other countries regarding illegal economic migration when they are the biggest causes of economic migrants invading Europe due to the ludicrous Schengren agreement.

West African states have their own equivalent of the Schengen agreement, it actually predates Schengen. By your logic that agreement should have economic migrants flocking to West Africa.

Economic migrants don't head the to the EU because of the Schengen agreement, they do so because it is prosperous.

2 hours ago, croat77 said:

Lukasenko is a Russian puppet. Nothing happens there without Putin's approval. He wants for this thing to escalate to the point of lethal force usage.

No lives matter for a psychopath, those people are just numbers, means to an end.

Seems unlikely. I suspect the Belarussians (and possibly the Russians) wish to create a bargaining chip with which to negotiate a loosening of Western sanctions.

2 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Well done for knowing economic migrants head for more prosperous countries.

Given you seemed to think they move because of free movement rules I thought it worthwhile educating you.

2 hours ago, West 77 said:

Exactly correct. The corrupt EU have no credibility to criticise other countries regarding illegal economic migration when they are the biggest causes of economic migrants invading Europe due to the ludicrous Schengen agreement.

I totally disagree with you regarding the Schengen agreement. It is a magnificent achievement.

Who could have thought that 40 years after WW2, travelling between EU countries would be little different to driving from Sheffield into Derbyshire.

You might want to go back to guards on every border but I can assure you the citizens of the EU don't.  

1 hour ago, Carbuncle said:

Seems unlikely. I suspect the Belarussians (and possibly the Russians) wish to create a bargaining chip with which to negotiate a loosening of Western sanctions.

This ^^^^