Beware On Council Repairs

Phoned at at 1730 hours (5.30pm) to report broken gas boiler, waited on phone for over 90 minutes, in the end I just got fed up,  boiler has gone kaput again so no heating.

What a joke firm!

not wanting to bore people ,i have a outside building with front brick work coming away and a leaking asbestos roof,after 3 years 15 visits ,i got a visit in the summer and they decided ,it was urgent,the measured up fo scaffolding for the 5 time,bulder checked and sorted it out and said he would deal with it by no later than sept,well no answer then date oct 28th ,then rang and it was scaffolding shortage but it was ordered,then 4 weeks later a private builder arrived unexpected from a firm in leeds he looked said no scaffolding needed as they use towers ,check all the sizes ect,ect, then said he was awaiting a date from scc for the removal of the asbestos and his leeds firm would then come the day after and fit a new roof,so thats where i stand after 3 years.but another matter i have noticed that as its attached to the ladys next door outdoor building and its all got to be replaced and she owns her house they dont have a lawfull agreement in the sale she gets the work done free adding several grand to the value of her house,so thats another question and cost housing double ,but i know this has happened at many homes in our area costing scc thousands of pounds extra /

10 hours ago, me-and-pippo said:

Phoned at at 1730 hours (5.30pm) to report broken gas boiler, waited on phone for over 90 minutes, in the end I just got fed up,  boiler has gone kaput again so no heating.

What a joke firm!

Did you ring their emergency number?

They have been three times to repair our leaking gutter , To cure it they have pointed the ridge tiles , What was that about ????. then they  replaced a roof tile???? ,  And last they painted some sealant in the gutter , non worked the water pored like a waterfall .In the end i got up there my self and altered the flow of the gutter as it was dipping  in the middle.

Success .

1 hour ago, Kidorry said:

Did you ring their emergency number?

Hi Kidorry,
as far as I am aware there is only one phone number?
And according to the Council housing repairs website, heating breakdowns are classed as an urgent repair, not an emergency.

This is the number I have 0114 2730101. I do not know if it is still in use because I have had it quite a while. 

50 minutes ago, Kidorry said:

This is the number I have 0114 2730101. I do not know if it is still in use because I have had it quite a while. 

Thank's Kidorry, but I think that number goes back to when Kier were organising repairs.