Beware On Council Repairs

HI ALL 

not the councils fault  fully,i rang repairs on 4 occasions in the last month,but today i found i occurred a 20 pound extra charge on my fixed price phone bill,just be aware that the wait is often starting at say 35 in the queue ,but for many it takes 1-2 hours waiting,so it costs a few quid,in my case my problem was i only 1 hour free,then incur penaltys,as luck would have it i contacted my supplier,who reduced the bill by £20,of which i am gratefull,but just remember when you ring theres always a big queue,even though they are now open sat/sun,my other gripe is me having to ring them back as they never ring you back,any others had this problem with scc?

Oh yes... we've had a recurring water leak since May that still has not been fixed.

plus as they are working 7 days a week ,you would think it would be sorted quicker,but the workers work just 5 days

1 hour ago, bassett one said:

plus as they are working 7 days a week ,you would think it would be sorted quicker,but the workers work just 5 days

Thought they only worked 4 days

Get a better phone package then. Seriously how is this anyones fault but you own?

my package is a good one thank you,its my fault i forgot about the 1 hour rule on the landline,if i had used the mobile it would of been okay,but 2 hours to answer a phone is a good standard then? plus no call back as promised so nearly another 2 hours again,plus when you ring the dept you need or they need to speak to never seem to be open,so they may work 7 days a week and the others 3-4 days for short periods,its madness

11 hours ago, MJ01 said:

Thought they only worked 4 days

🤣

It cost us £10 to talk to someone about a council tax refund.

1 hour ago, bassett one said:

yes the phone system needs sorting

And you know that involves spending money aye? Tell us where this "money" comes from: what do you cut to pay for it, and/or what % increase on taxation do you bring in?

You have literally spent the last two weeks moaning they havent spent any money on fireworks 🤣

Edited by HeHasRisen

5 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Get a better phone package then. Seriously how is this anyones fault but you own?

It is the fault of the council, and all the other organisations who think it is acceptable that people can't get in touch by phone without staying on hold for well over an hour.

It is also the fault of the army of apologists who rise up to defend these organisations abysmal contact mechanisms by blaming it on the victims.

Just my opinion of course :)

22 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

And you know that involves spending money aye? Tell us where this "money" comes from: what do you cut to pay for it, and/or what % increase on taxation do you bring in?

Prevent the council for ******* their existing funds up the wall by hiring scammers like Amey [the tree scandal, using shoddy materials so that their road repairs need re-doing a couple of years after the repair, paying obsene hourly rates to 'consultants' etc, etc, etc]??

Just my opinion of course :)

12 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

It is the fault of the council, and all the other organisations who think it is acceptable that people can't get in touch by phone without staying on hold for well over an hour.

It is also the fault of the army of apologists who rise up to defend these organisations abysmal contact mechanisms by blaming it on the victims.

Just my opinion of course :)

Prevent the council for ******* their existing funds up the wall by hiring scammers like Amey [the tree scandal, using shoddy materials so that their road repairs need re-doing a couple of years after the repair, paying obsene hourly rates to 'consultants' etc, etc, etc]??

Just my opinion of course :)

well said,wasted money,re-fireworks communitys can do free displays in there area,if they set up committes and land ect and apply for monies via the lottery ect,if you add a few rides and beer outlet then you can offer a free huge display,offering a safe place to see them and free,re-the council they need to cut these expensive consultants and look at moving the huge amount of staff around  for a better service,also they set on loads of staff to visit each council house annually called patch officers and then found they could not do that by law,so use them to answer phones ect.there must be other ideas as well

43 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

You have literally spent the last two weeks moaning they havent spent any money on fireworks 🤣

see above