Ashes Series - 2021

Weirdly mixed emotions about this years ashes series to be honest, I mean call me pessimistic...but I can see us taking a right hammering. 

Our only hope is that the time served old boys, can somehow rally some of the inexperienced lads and get them firing.

I do worry about our bowling ability.... Jimmy is Jimmy and will probably find a few wickets, as will Stuart Broad maybe, but neither are getting any younger. We lack a fiercely pacey bowler though, I think wood will be the fastest we have and hit fitness probably means we would only get 3 or 4 tests out of him... Then we have Bess and Leach spinning for us....

My optimism for bringing the ashes home is nil to none at the minute, but I hope they prove me wrong.... That said, I love the sport and never more so than a fierce ashes series. I can't wait for it to get under way! 

I see that in an effort to be allowed to host their game, the Western Australia (Perth) cricket authorities are suggesting things like the ball being replaced every time it ends up in the crowd for six. Absolutely ridiculous.

1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

I see that in an effort to be allowed to host their game, the Western Australia (Perth) cricket authorities are suggesting things like the ball being replaced every time it ends up in the crowd for six. Absolutely ridiculous.

Probably won’t happen with our test team.

No surprise on our batting performance today,5-0 weather permitting on the cards.

6 hours ago, ukdobby said:

No surprise on our batting performance today,5-0 weather permitting on the cards.

Terrible or what? 

I cant see the bowling being much better Dobby to be fair.

Battings been poor for a few years now and we have not done much about it,the bowlers are under pressure all the time.

Back to batting if Root scores zilch we don’t get past 200.

1 hour ago, cmonkes said:

Terrible or what? 

I cant see the bowling being much better Dobby to be fair.

7 hours ago, ukdobby said:

Battings been poor for a few years now and we have not done much about it,the bowlers are under pressure all the time.

Back to batting if Root scores zilch we don’t get past 200.

Why does he keep falling the same way is what I don't get? They ball and play him straight into it every single time. There's no danger what so ever, just leave it...

Root needs 200 and team to stay with him.

I hope I’m wrong but the script tells me Aussies take new ball,break through then we collapse.

Why bat 1st on a green top when its overcast? No Broad?

Weve struggled with the extra bounce and pace, but batsman wafting the wand at balls they can leave is an error we made in India and weve continued in Oz.All hope of a save lost in a few early overs with poor decisions before the new ball was even taken, the gabba was most likely our best hope of a positive result.

Is Leach even worth playing when Root looks the better option.

Had we taken our chances in the field,Oz wouldnt have reached 300 and it would have been a closer game,  we look poor at test level, even on home soil

Edited by staninoodle

We have been bowled out for under 200 10 times this year in tests,that tells us something.

I got the new ball wrong.

If Root goes cheap then we dont score competitive totals, our batting revolves around him.We havent got players that can make big scores and make them consistently.

We look a very average test side, our allround game is lacking on too many fronts.

Adelaide is normally a batter friendly track, we just need to find some batsmen!