Sign in to follow this  

Sport Fans Of Sheffield. We Need Your Help!

Hello All my name is Phil Baines. A student researcher at the Carnegie School Of Sport as part of Leeds beckett University . 

We are currently carrying out a small research project into sport fan motivation in Sheffield. It requires filling in a survey (Average completion time is about 3 mins) 

It can be accessed at this link : https://leedsbeckettsport.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_eIG9Bi04TYeT0rA 

More info on the project is below: 

What is the Project about?

This project has the intention to examine sports fan motivations and the determinants of demand for those attending Sheffield Bladerunner baseball club (SBBC) events. The project intends to compare these demands against sport fans who attend more “mainstream” events in the city of Sheffield.

The aim of the study is to gain a better understanding into why spectators do or do not attend Sheffield baseball events.  This will help create recommendations as to how the SBBC can increase their demand for spectators at their home games going forward. This study will hopefully be able to also offer advice to sports clubs in similar position as academic knowledge in this field is limited.

What will I be asked to do?

As a participant you will be asked a few questions in a survey, this should take approximately 3 mins.

How will the information be used?

The information will be used for a degree dissertation, and it will only be read by the researcher, the supervisor (Details above) Or the Local Research Ethics Coordinator, for the Carnegie school of sport at Leeds Beckett University. The dissertation will not be published anywhere, as it is for academic purposes only

How will the information and my name be kept confidential / anonymous?

All information will be kept confidential and will be all information will be held on a password protected file, and all surveys will be submitted anonymously

Can I change my mind and withdraw from the project?

Yes all participants can withdraw at any time. This can be done by not submitting your final completed survey, or please contact the researcher if you wish for your results to be removed from the findings post submitting the questionnaire. The information you have supplied us with will not be used and will be destroyed.

Who can I contact for further information?

You can contact me as the researcher or my supervisor whose name and contact details are:

Researcher:   Phil Baines: [email protected]

Supervisor:    Dr Lisa Ann O'Keeffe: [email protected]

If you would like to contact a person independent of the research, please contact the Leeds Beckett Local Research Ethics Coordinator (LREC) whose details are below:

Dr Ian Richards – [email protected]                     0113 812 7039

Dr Paul Widdop – [email protected]                     0113 812 9113

Edited by pbaines77123763
Spelling error