Lest We Forget

Edited by LLAN
Link not working

Let us remember all those service people and civilians who have died or have been injured for their country.

My aunt during WW2 was a single woman, married woman, widow and mother all in one year.

More recently three of my colleagues were killed serving their country.

Many  service personnel have been badly injured and will suffer these life changing injuries for the rest of their lives.

I find it sad that to some it seems fashionable to find fault with the past rather than be proud of their country.

I fully agree with you.

We owe an enormous debt to those who have died and suffered injuries on our behalf.

Surprising that we allow our Governments to  insult them by bowing  at the remembrance day service and then refusing them the help they need afterwards.

That shame is ours as well as our Governments.

Yes many of those living today have short memories or choose to ignore the past and the sacrifices made by millions of people who fought to maintain our freedom; in particular the French, of late.

echo.

Sad to see so little interest in this topic.

I find it hard to believe that I am living in the same country  that I was brought up in and cannot understand what brought about this change.

58 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

I find it hard to believe that I am living in the same country  that I was brought up in and cannot understand what brought about this change.

Me too. It makes you wonder what it will be like in another 50 years. We had the best of it, I think.