Why Are S10 And S11 Bins Out 5th November

Why are people putting black bins out on Friday, no one said anything!

Strike planned for Monday -c ollecting early

The bin men are working overtime to pay for the time they take off on strike

7 hours ago, lobster said:

Strike planned for Monday -c ollecting early

Hmmm... :huh:

It's yet another scam! :rant:

By emptying your bins a few days earlier than normal they're obviously collecting less of your rubbish...

... but do you get a council tax refund?

Think about it... :suspect:

13 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

By emptying your bins a few days earlier than normal they're obviously collecting less of your rubbish...

Now I read some rubbish here on this site but this really must be up there with the best

56 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

If you can't be bothered to think about it, why should we?

I didn't put my bin out, knew there was strike action but didn't hear anything about a collection on Saturday. 

Will be rather annoyed if it won't get emptied now for another 2 weeks. It would have been good if they'd communicated this better and not been at such short notice! 

Riddle me this. Whats the point of going on strike on a Monday if they just come in today instead to empty the bins they were going to empty on Monday?

Doesnt it defeat the whole object of striking?

Edited by HeHasRisen

1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

Riddle me this. Whats the point of going on strike on a Monday if they just come in today instead to empty the bins they were going to empty on Monday?

Doesnt it defeat the whole object of striking?

All of this is still a headache for management, irrespective of what does or doesn't get collected. Additionally, it's potentially going to be costing them more to arrange special additional collections today than it would have done to just pay the normal wages for the work normally done on Monday.

This might just be a warning shot from the staff too. Minimal disruption to the public for now, but a show of power. Maybe next time they don't cover the missing shifts with overtime. They are proposing striking each Monday for now? They've picked up the slack early this week but no guarantee they will every time.

Its not really an effective protest though if they are making the hours up elsewhere. 

The GMB members are rejecting a 2 year pay deal of 3% in year 1 & a further 3% in year 2,