Why No Organised Bonfires?

WITH fireworks and bonfires ,for many years classed as a huge problem,and for many years theres been a turn to H&S laws,why is there no council or organised bonfires,surely its asking for extra injurys bu going back to the old ways?

Are there none? I've seen one or two organised bonfires advertised, mostly to do with pubs I think. 

Maybe with Cop 26 going on, councils are reluctant to pollute the atmosphere.

Councils spend money on organised bonfire/firework displays - people moan

Councils don't spend money on organised bonfire/firework displays - people moan

It was ever thus.

Quietist Nov 5th I've known, but theres still a couple of weeks to go yet!

It's down to covid. Would you feel happy with your conscience if you were responsible for a tremendous super spreader event and the possible resulting deaths. These events are difficult enough to run in normal times, but at the minute it's virtually impossible  

Don't think it's covid, at one time all the main city parks had a display,think it then got pared back to just Don valley .

Not Sheff but most of the Hope valley villages run decent displays and about £4 entrance

not covid as it is a outdoor event and no rules to stop it,its safer to have organised events,think theres more chance at back garden events of injury

9 hours ago, butlers said:

Don't think it's covid, at one time all the main city parks had a display

There is the 'Illuminate The Gardens' event in the Botty Gardens all weekend which includes firework displays. It will no doubt cause a load more collateral damage that the grounds-folk & volunteers will have to repair.

7 hours ago, bassett one said:

not covid as it is a outdoor event and no rules to stop it,its safer to have organised events,think theres more chance at back garden events of injury

It's not just about no rules to stop it, it's about common sense, social distancing, even outdoors at a bonfire is impossible... this virus hasn't gone away, contrary to what some people seem to think. Whilst this virus still presents a problem, potential mass gatherings will always be an issue for people who hold responsibility. 

they still held tramlines no problem,still hold football games and they are semi enclosed, they still use the arena,meadowhall ect,ect,i agree about being carefull ,but we have moved on a bit since last year.

34 minutes ago, bassett one said:

they still held tramlines no problem,still hold football games and they are semi enclosed, they still use the arena,meadowhall ect,ect,i agree about being carefull ,but we have moved on a bit since last year.

How many of those events are ran and paid for by local authorities?

1 hour ago, bassett one said:

Just because "they " still have them doesn't mean you have to go and if there is/has been a problem the organiser is not going to own up to it.