When And Why Is It Racist To Abbreviate A Background .

Guest sibon
5 minutes ago, FoxLady said:

Suffice to say, you've got the wrong end of the stick.

Where did I even hint that I condoned it?

So you "guess" wrong.

Silly me. 

I must have misinterpreted your highly nuanced post.

Maybe you could rephrase it for us simple folk. 

On 18/11/2021 at 09:06, Bargepole23 said:

I guess you have to be in his situation to know why he didn't bring it up, what the repercussions of that might be, what his mental state was, before being so dismissive.

I've never been a vistim of instituionalised racist abuse and bullying, but I would assume that it's nowhere near as simple as just "bring it all up".

Why don't victims of bullying at school, or victims of domestic violence just "bring it all up"? Why if it's so bad do they go back home or to school?

Because it's way more complicated than those of us on the outside can imagine.

Fantastic explanation very sad but true....

A lot of the times victims have total recall which in gulfs them into speaking of the abuse they have suffered hence the word “historical”!!!!...

I will say this though I remember hear rumours back in late 70s and 80s that Yorkshire Cricket Club would never let any foreign player play for them in fact it was common knowledge in our school PE teachers would say it all the time !!!!...

Whether it’s true or not it doesn’t make it right !!!!....

At the end of day we all bleed red no matter what our skin tone is we are all humans racism will always rear it’s head no matter what we do and to be honest I think it will always be a issue in society  !!!!....

Deleted

Edited by harvey19
Deleted

5 hours ago, Box11 said:

Fantastic explanation very sad but true....

A lot of the times victims have total recall which in gulfs them into speaking of the abuse they have suffered hence the word “historical”!!!!...

I will say this though I remember hear rumours back in late 70s and 80s that Yorkshire Cricket Club would never let any foreign player play for them in fact it was common knowledge in our school PE teachers would say it all the time !!!!...

Whether it’s true or not it doesn’t make it right !!!!....

At the end of day we all bleed red no matter what our skin tone is we are all humans racism will always rear it’s head no matter what we do and to be honest I think it will always be a issue in society  !!!!....

You had to be born in Yorkshire to play cricket for them , A good policy .

If football had to follow a similar  rule then the game would be a more level playing field .

10 hours ago, cuttsie said:

My old mother in law was a buffer girl , She told me what those lasses did to young lads starting out in factory work after leaving school at 15 years old (thats when we left school on a Friday and started work the following Monday).  

She described that the banter inc a large tup of swarf or machine grease  rubbed into the young lads nether regions ( after getting them cornered in the buffing shop ), I cannot imagine what would happen today if that was still the treatment handed out .

The building trade of which I was a member was not easy for young starters , I as fifteen year old was punched in the mouth by a middle aged trades man for not making his tea good enough ,  I have seen lads left on roofs in winter after the ladders were removed so as they could not get down , Also lads  being  took into  the pub at 15 or sixteen years old and given pints to drink in one go  making them sick , No one dared to complain at this banter it was considered part and parcel of the job we just got on with it .

And not just buffer girls, Cuttsie.

Bachelors Peas in Hillsbro comes to mind! I was 15.

It was a rite of passage into adulthood.

But having survived the bombs dropped in our neighborhoods, and seeing inhuman photos from the prison camps of Nazi Germany, and dodging the stones throwing when leaving Heeley to go to Gramma's on the Arbourthorne, we weren't as delicately sensitive to the routine name calling as today's spoiled, complacent, and  constantly "outraged" and "woke" powder puffs!

Edited by trastrick

When is the use of" unacceptable" words in rap songs going to cause racist anger ?

What is being done to stop it.

Personally I do not listen to rap music but believe the word n is used in them.

Just now, harvey19 said:

When is the use of" unacceptable" words in rap songs going to cause racist anger ?

What is being done to stop it.

Personally I do not listen to rap music but believe the word n is used in them.

Nothing will be done, as long as they vote for the Left!

1 hour ago, trastrick said:

And not just buffer girls, Cuttsie.

Bachelors Peas in Hillsbro comes to mind! I was 15.

It was a rite of passage into adulthood.

But having survived the bombs dropped in our neighborhoods, and seeing inhuman photos from the prison camps of Nazi Germany, and dodging the stones throwing when leaving Heeley to go to Gramma's on the Arbourthorne, we weren't as delicately sensitive to the routine name calling as today's spoiled, complacent, and  constantly "outraged" and "woke" powder puffs!

Sadly todays society has been taken over by powder puffs, I have tried to think of a word that would better describe it but it would not be allowed on here due to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, cuttsie said:

Sadly todays society has been taken over by powder puffs, I have tried to think of a word that would better describe it but it would not be allowed on here due to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Be careful of your choice of words Cuttsie...

Certain members of society may be offended by being called Puffs.

16 minutes ago, Padders said:

Be careful of your choice of words Cuttsie...

Certain members of society may be offended by being called Puffs.

Is puff a banned word in the English language , my Mrs has a powder puff , yesterday puff of wind ruffled my flowing locks . A snake in a Zoo can be called a puff .

4 hours ago, cuttsie said:

You had to be born in Yorkshire to play cricket for them , A good policy .

If football had to follow a similar  rule then the game would be a more level playing field .

Right “cuttsie”.....

Thanks for clearing that up....

Italian - Iti

Argentinian - Argi

Mexican - Mex

Scottish - Scot

Are these offensive?

Edited by crookesey