When And Why Is It Racist To Abbreviate A Background .

6 hours ago, RollingJ said:

One of the best responses yet.👍

Thanks matey !!!.....

I’ve posted previously that racism is a by-product of stupidity, not being stupid I refuse to apologise for the actions and remarks of racists. It will never die because stupidity will never die, albeit it will never win.

20 hours ago, Box11 said:

You know what I have a very good friend who is black and he went to secondary school in Rotherham in the early 80s.....

He told me he was the only black kid in the whole school and would receive daily racist abuse from the other children and a couple of teachers too.....

He told me he would be fighting this abuse physically and verbally on a daily basis on leaving school he joined the army and the racist abuse would continue he did state that if someone was:

Fat,ginger,scouser,irish,tall or skinny they would also get ripped to pieces too....

He then moved to a city where he was among black people and guess what they would use horrible phrases because he didn’t talk or act in the manner that they did !!!!....

One day he said the penny dropped and he realised that he wasn’t all these racist names or horrible phrases that people were calling him and he stopped reacting to it !!...

In-short many people receive many forms of abuse and many people do it for a reaction my friend in question stated:

“You should rise above it and prove them wrong by being successful in life” !!!!...

Yes, success may be the best revenge but wouldn't you rather live in a society where there was less need for such 'revenge'?

6 hours ago, trastrick said:

Fact is the most hated people in the World today are white.

I have no idea whether this is true or not. Of what relevance is it? White people surely suffer far less from racism in the UK if for no other than that white people disproportionately have the power.

Edited by Carbuncle

1 hour ago, crookesey said:

I’ve posted previously that racism is a by-product of stupidity, not being stupid I refuse to apologise for the actions and remarks of racists. It will never die because stupidity will never die, albeit it will never win.

Nonsense, racism is nothing to do with being stupid. Racism is probably just one variant of the natural response to 'other'.  Rape is probably also natural. We as a society have to make a choice to be better. We don't help that process by just insulting, in an unilluminating way, racist behaviour.

4 hours ago, Carbuncle said:

Yes, success may be the best revenge but wouldn't you rather live in a society where there was less need for such 'revenge'?

I have no idea whether this is true or not. Of what relevance is it? White people surely suffer far less from racism in the UK if for no other than that white people disproportionately have the power.

Society will never be perfect unless we are all on drugs and numb !!!...

Regarding racism it will never go away at all there will always be some form of it and there is nothing we can do to stop it from happening....

Look everyone is not going to get on with each other we will all have things said or aimed at us that we don’t like it’s been that way from day one !!!!!...

What you can do is rise above it as I have said and success is the best revenge believe me !!!....

14 hours ago, Carbuncle said:

Nonsense, racism is nothing to do with being stupid. Racism is probably just one variant of the natural response to 'other'.  Rape is probably also natural. We as a society have to make a choice to be better. We don't help that process by just insulting, in an unilluminating way, racist behaviour.

As expected the forum aficionado on ‘Nonsense’ and ‘Rubbish’

appeareth. 

Edited by crookesey

i sometimes love this forum. All the holier than thou people on it

Lets be honest. EVERYONE on here has, at some point in their lives said something that someone else will interpret as ridiculing or abusing them based on their hair colour, height, weight, birthplace, (dis)ability, sexual orientation, appearance, heratige, skin colour, gender, political opinion, clothing, finances, home life, parents, children, intelligence, education, employment status. etc 

All this is not about what you say its about how others interpret it. If you have never done any of the above then you must be mute. And even that could be taken as disablist by someone.

Look just on the last 2 pages. 

Crooksey name calling Carbuncle and insulting their intelligence or ability to make a coherent point " the forum aficionado on Nonsense and rubbish". That could be taken as online bullying trying to drive the person from the thread by belittling their reply and indicating that their own viewpoint (Crooksey's) is more valid than Carbuncles.

Or Tinfoilhat questioning the intelligence of other posters by accusing them of being thick.

People who try to demean others through abusive language or actions, are in actual effect, only demeaning themselves, and revealing their own character to the world.

3 hours ago, crookesey said:

As expected the forum aficionado on ‘Nonsense’ and ‘Rubbish’ appeareth. 

Hmmm... :huh:

I would like to challenge that claim... :mad:

5 minutes ago, Waldo said:

People who try to demean others through abusive language or actions, are in actual effect, only demeaning themselves, and revealing their own character to the world.

Tell that to the people who see loved ones kill themselves because of the words and actions of others.

18 minutes ago, sheffbag said:

i sometimes love this forum. All the holier than thou people on it

Lets be honest. EVERYONE on here has, at some point in their lives said something that someone else will interpret as ridiculing or abusing them based on their hair colour, height, weight, birthplace, (dis)ability, sexual orientation, appearance, heratige, skin colour, gender, political opinion, clothing, finances, home life, parents, children, intelligence, education, employment status. etc 

All this is not about what you say its about how others interpret it. If you have never done any of the above then you must be mute. And even that could be taken as disablist by someone.

Look just on the last 2 pages. 

Crooksey name calling Carbuncle and insulting their intelligence or ability to make a coherent point " the forum aficionado on Nonsense and rubbish". That could be taken as online bullying trying to drive the person from the thread by belittling their reply and indicating that their own viewpoint (Crooksey's) is more valid than Carbuncles.

Or Tinfoilhat questioning the intelligence of other posters by accusing them of being thick.

Agreed he called me thick , I am hurt .

46 minutes ago, sheffbag said:

Tell that to the people who see loved ones kill themselves because of the words and actions of others.

Not sure that would be appropriate or helpful sheffbag!