When And Why Is It Racist To Abbreviate A Background .

12 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Its more embarrassing  to stereotype people

Not stereotyping, observing. And laughing, and also cringing a bit.

16 minutes ago, Delbow said:

It's just embarrassing, and a little amusing, to see a load of old white straight men looking at the world and going "Uuurrr, it's CHAAAAYNGED. DON'T LIKE IT. BRANE HURTS." 

Since the powers that be tell us the planet is dying and humanity may be wiped out  in 10 or 15 years, they may be right! :)

Especially when it's children that are listened to with rapt attention on World Issues, and the old are ridiculed.

The old folks used to be called "elders" who should be listened to, as they are in Indigenous societies, and where I happen to live now! :)

Edited by trastrick

17 minutes ago, Delbow said:

It's just embarrassing, and a little amusing, to see a load of old white straight men looking at the world and going "Uuurrr, it's CHAAAAYNGED. DON'T LIKE IT. BRANE HURTS." 

Obviously didn’t attend school 

Just now, ukdobby said:

Obviously didn’t attend school 

Sorry to hear that.

Rafiq getting  upset by the abbreviation of Pakistani , I wonder if he gets upset by the Asian families that murder their daughters because they want to live their own lives, racism can be experienced by going on London Road and seeing the Asian youths doing and saying much worse than using an abbreviation.

If the P*** term is racist does that mean the phrase Brit falls into the same racist category?

Edited by lazarus

Anyone thinking the P- word is a mere abbreviation is, at best, willfully ignorant of its history .

There's been talk of Yorkshires inability to bring on asian heritage players for decades

Guest sibon
58 minutes ago, lazarus said:

Rafiq getting  upset by the abbreviation of Pakistani , I wonder if he gets upset by the Asian families that murder their daughters because they want to live their own lives, racism can be experienced by going on London Road and seeing the Asian youths doing and saying much worse than using an abbreviation.

If the P*** term is racist does that mean the phrase Brit falls into the same racist category?

I know racists who try to deflect their unpleasant attitudes by blaming others.

Do you? 

4 minutes ago, sibon said:

I know racists who try to deflect their unpleasant attitudes by blaming others.

Do you? 

Here we go.

Guest sibon
9 minutes ago, lazarus said:

Here we go.

Where are we going?

1 hour ago, lazarus said:

Thousands of white people committing crimes, is that relevant to the rest of the white population in the UK?

2 hours ago, lazarus said:

The thing that makes the term P*ki racist is not the fact it is a shortened form of Pakistani. I don't know what the original reason for it being considered racist is and I don't know even know if there was originally a "good reason" for it being considered racist . What I do know is that the term is resented by those it is directed at and frequently used by those who would choose to cause offence and that is more than enough for me to know to avoid directing it at people.

So the answer to the question which I have quoted is no, P*ki being a racist term does not mean Brit is.