When And Why Is It Racist To Abbreviate A Background .

Rafiq getting  upset by the abbreviation of Pakistani , I wonder if he gets upset by the Asian families that murder their daughters because they want to live their own lives, racism can be experienced by going on London Road and seeing the Asian youths doing and saying much worse than using an abbreviation.

I have an Irish surname and have been called Paddy numerous times though my last relative to live in Ireland was over 200 years ago,just took it and got on with life.

If he complained to someone and nothing was done then Yorkshire have something to answer for.

I wonder if some of you have ever played competitive team sport. I recall the over height, over weight, ginger haired, freckled, etc having to take some stick over their differences to the perfect ones. I’m not playing the ‘racist’ card as I well recall black and Asian members of my son’s football team being able to give as good as they got, I much prefer first hand to what someone’s friend heard someone they didn’t know say.

Yorkshire Cricket Chairman has resigned this morning

Strong statement from him,expect more resignations after this mornings emergency meeting

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

It was a French court and not an English court.  Sir Geoffrey has always denied the allegations.  

We might distrust the courts of some pin-pot countries, but we should surely respect French courts.

13 hours ago, sibon said:

I think you'd fit in well on the Yorkshire committee, if that is your attitude.

I'm assuming that this is another example of you "stimulating debate", rather than an example of you condoning racism.

I wouldnt dream of using the P word. I recall a friend getting upset when someone called him fat, yet other people happily discuss how much extra weight they carry.

2 minutes ago, West 77 said:

You're having a laugh.  Sir Geoffrey only lost because he didn't take the French court seriously and upset the Judge as a consequence.

Rather like Owen Paterson who did not respond to the standards committee, that does not make them innocent.

It’s not so much the words we use, as the derogatory intent behind them.

Guest sibon
1 hour ago, West 77 said:

It was a French court and not an English court.  Sir Geoffrey has always denied the allegations.  

Boycott is a convicted wife beater.

Choosing to defend him says a lot about your character.

Just now, Waldo said:

It’s not so much the words we use, as the derogatory intent behind them.

I agree. 

It is also to do with the culture that allows things to be said without challenge.

It's just not cricket is it?

Good manners and empathy I suggest.

51 minutes ago, El Cid said:

We might distrust the courts of some pin-pot countries, but we should surely respect French courts.

Westie doesn't even respect British courts if they make a ruling he disagrees with.