Racism At Yccc

Shame on the "leadership" at Headingley.  Be amazed if they don't resign by the weekend.

Edited by steved32
Typo.

Do you think it should affect team selection?

11 minutes ago, Tony said:

Do you think it should affect team selection?

It depends who is selecting the team.

There is something odd about the whole thing. If it's as been presented, it's clear cut, they should have sorted it and moved on long ago. Instead, everyone seems paralysed, including the ECB, and now the race hucksters with political axes to grind are getting involved. It's all very weird and extremely unedifying. 

My family were long time YCC members, I am old enough to remember county matches at Bramall Lane....   But I diluted my support when they stopped playing in Sheffield (Abbeydale), likewise Harrogate and the other outgounds in favour of everything  moving to Headingley (with a couple of games to Scarborough as the ground was free).  I concluded that the YCC hierarchy were boneheads. As such I am not surprised at the issues  raised by Rafiq.

Any modern, inclusive, sports organisation,  would have dealt with this firmly, fairly, and in a timely manner.  YCC have a proud history, the dimwits at Headingley have trashed this by obduracy and ignorance. 

It's a sad episode, there will be no winners. 

Tim. 

Already a blog about it in general discussions 

Now the club is banned from hosting internationals.  If the board were not intending to resign tomorrow, then they now have to fall on their swords.

It appears there has been some psychological bullying for the past few years which has seen Alex Lees, Will Rhodes and Jack Leaning as well as Azeem Rafiq pushed to the marginals and then let go to play and succeed at other counties. It appears you have to fit in to certain criteria or you are ostracized which in turn leads to loss of confidence and form.  Heads must roll for the Racism and the bullying..and not just the Board members but coaching staff as well.