Extending Wifi Network

I have a Virginmedia 3.0 hub in my attic. I now need the network to extend to the cellar due to the installation of a new boiler which has a wifi controller.

I think VM would charge a monthly fee for their boosters.

Can I just buy pretty well any  boosters online and they will work? I don't need any extra features, just to be able to get wifi into my cellar.

It is not practicable to move the router or create any sort of ethernet connection.

Thanks

37 minutes ago, Grahamfff said:

I have a Virginmedia 3.0 hub in my attic. I now need the network to extend to the cellar due to the installation of a new boiler which has a wifi controller.

I think VM would charge a monthly fee for their boosters.

Can I just buy pretty well any  boosters online and they will work? I don't need any extra features, just to be able to get wifi into my cellar.

It is not practicable to move the router or create any sort of ethernet connection.

Thanks

I bought some plug in boosters but store asked me who my internet provider was as according to them some particular boosters only work with certain providers.    Don’t know how true that was/ is but the ones I got seem to do the job 

I have a Fritz! mesh network and it works great.

Previously used Powerline adaptors which worked quite well.  Restrictions are, only works on the same ring which, apparently, can be an issue on larger or older houses, Don't play well with UPS plugs.  I had a couple of plug through ones that worked well.

Similar to these https://www.amazon.co.uk/TL-PA4010PKIT-Passthrough-Powerline-Configuration-Required/dp/B01G5Q9E0O/ref=sr_1_4?_encoding=UTF8&c=ts&keywords=Powerline+Network+Adapters&qid=1636724375&s=computers&sr=1-4&ts_id=430576031