Pcn At Bradfield Road Car Park

I've just received a PCN for parking behind Farmfoods without a "permit" 😒. I've parked there a dozen times to visit the chiropractors, but never parked that far along, I honestly didn't see any signs about not parking in that area. I thought it was all 1.5 hours free parking (I was only there 44 minutes).

Can I try to appeal it saying I was using one of the businesses and that the signage isn't clear enough? 

I wouldn’t bother.Just pay the £60 and put it down to experience.

I have had one there in the past and also one when not parking between the lines at a Home Bargains /Aldi site off Infirmary Road.

The signs do spell it out but these companies thrive on the small print.

Annoying isn’t it.

Might as well just pay it and put it down to experience.    

My partner got one she was dropping some furniture to the back of the bhf store. Unfortunately she had to wait till someone was available to help her and it took all in all 20min. She still got a fine

2 hours ago, RJRB said:

I wouldn’t bother.Just pay the £60 and put it down to experience.

I have had one there in the past and also one when not parking between the lines at a Home Bargains /Aldi site off Infirmary Road.

The signs do spell it out but these companies thrive on the small print.

Annoying isn’t it.

I Also had one from Flora st and contested it. Went to court, judge said their signage was ambiguous on the "parking between lines" wording  (which I also claimed) so I won.

First thing I would do is go to Money Saving Expert and read through the advice, even if you do decide to pay the "fine" (actually a speculative invoice).

If you do decide to contest it, do not say or suggest who was driving the car as this narrows your chances of contesting their claim.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/private-parking-tickets/

3 hours ago, Isabelle said:

I've just received a PCN for parking behind Farmfoods without a "permit" 😒. I've parked there a dozen times to visit the chiropractors, but never parked that far along, I honestly didn't see any signs about not parking in that area. I thought it was all 1.5 hours free parking (I was only there 44 minutes).

Can I try to appeal it saying I was using one of the businesses and that the signage isn't clear enough? 

I wouldn't pay these parasites on principal, as the above poster says use the Money Saving Expert forums and Pepipoo theres plenty of advice to get it cancelled, takes a bit of work but you'll feel better for not filling their coffers.

Certainly  don't just ignore it unless just about to permanently leave the country. 

The usual parasitic action is to offer discount if paid without argument immediately, if so then its down to how you feel. They have fined a lot of people at this site so you would think they must have got their case pretty tight by now, but if not  then it won't cost you anything to take it to popla, it will make them work a bit harder for their money.

its an invoice as you have used their managed land to park outside the terms or signs, its the drivers responsibility to check if its free or you have to pay, i have been caught myself.

the likelyhood is if you dont pay the discounted amount it will go to court eventually and you may well lose.

I got one several years ago parking outside the rear of BHF.

Picked up a bargain bedside table. The fine doubled the price.

Gutted. 

This is why I never go into this car park.

If you've parked there a dozen times then think of it as a £5 charge for each time you've parked there.

Or start a possibly long and drawn out legal battle.

Your choice.

Dont park there again !

I'll give you one tip that's never failed me. If your rear number plate is on your boot lid and not on the rear bumper, drive out with your boot open that way the camera doesn't register you leaving 😀

1 hour ago, dan2802 said:

If you've parked there a dozen times then think of it as a £5 charge for each time you've parked there.

Or start a possibly long and drawn out legal battle.

Your choice.

Dont park there again !

I'll give you one tip that's never failed me. If your rear number plate is on your boot lid and not on the rear bumper, drive out with your boot open that way the camera doesn't register you leaving 😀

It won't be a long drawn out legal battle it will be a few carefully worded letters, we need to stand up to these companies.

• Like 1