Pcn At Bradfield Road Car Park

On 06/11/2021 at 09:28, dave_the_m said:

As was said earlier, the best advice is to go to the pepipoo or MSE forums where you'll get free expert advice.  Don't pay initially, but don't ignore.  They have six years in which to bring a claim against you in the county court, by which time you may have moved and the claim goes to the old address and you lose by default. That means your credit rating is wrecked for 6 years: no new mortgages, phone contracts etc. Many of these invoices can get  cancelled if the right steps are taken.

Absolutely correct, my son has just had to pay one for an offence comitted over 5 years ago.He had moved house twice  but he got a court notice for payment, and this had increased to £500.

Just a few quibbles - for private parking, it's a contractual dispute, not an offence. If they take you to the small claims track of the county court, then they are likely to ask for:

£100 for the alleged agreed-to sum  according to a contractual term on the signs at the car park;

£60 debt collection costs which they won't have incurred but are fraudulently adding on anyway, and which can usually be successfully contested even if you lose the main case;

8% interest p/a which is allowed, but could be contested if they delay bringing the case for several years for no good reason.

Around £100 in case preparation and court costs, which they're entitled to if they win.

If they're asking for £500 for a single ticket, they're probably being more fraudulent than usual.

2 hours ago, ivan edake said:

Then the registered keeper has to pay even if they were not driving.

They're not fines they're invoices and they can't invoice if they don't have the drivers identity.

8 hours ago, top4718 said:

they can't invoice if they don't have the drivers identity.

They get the registered keeper's identity from the DVLA, then as long as they've ticked all the boxes required by POFA 2012 (mainly timescales and wording) and if the RK hasn't named the driver, they are entitled to recover off the keeper whatever the driver owes.

Friend of mine got one long time ago at cineworld. What I did was write back to them saying I was doing this for my friend. After a certain time of bickering with me the legal time limit is up for them to get the car owner. Never admit I was the driver but fooled them in looking my way wasting their time to get the owner.

These letters from them got very very unbelievably nasty and I sent even nastier letters back to them demanding compensation for the pain and suffering their letters caused me.

I don't own a car anymore and have surrendered my license to DVLA for medical reasons, when I had enough of it sent them evidence of this and they shut up.

Edited by dutch

On 02/11/2021 at 18:31, Isabelle said:

I've just received a PCN for parking behind Farmfoods without a "permit" 😒. I've parked there a dozen times to visit the chiropractors, but never parked that far along, I honestly didn't see any signs about not parking in that area. I thought it was all 1.5 hours free parking (I was only there 44 minutes).

Can I try to appeal it saying I was using one of the businesses and that the signage isn't clear enough? 

Bit late, now, sorry about that but YES you can and should appeal. Just before coronavirus struck I parked at Fox Valley (which has free parking for four hours only) but the signage was poor and the weather made it impossible to see the very small writing on the signage too. I received a parking charge notice, which is a totally different thing to an official PENALTY charge - and appealed and the parking company didn't accept that so I appealed to POPLA and won. And didn't have to pay a penny. £60 is a lot of money to pay to 'learn a lesson' and a lot of people on here have a weird idea of justice. . .  if you want to lose £60 and move on, that is your prerogative but I didn't want to. I've received, and successfully fought, three of these notices. They are a nuisance. But they can, and should be, challenged.

I advise you to google and join the MoneySaving Expert forum, go to the Motoring section and see what people there advise you. First they will say don't pay and then they will say don't ignore communications. But as some people have said here, what you've received is merely an invoice and you do not have to pay it. MSE forum has lots of info and advice.

It appears that Isabelle parked in the employee's area behind the shops, not in the marked bays near the entrance. I did notice that there are some signs on the walls mentioning permit holders etc.

I'm a bit puzzled as to how the ANPR cameras there could differentiate between these two areas, most likely that one of their wardens made two visits over the stated time period, in which case they must have issued 2 time/date stamped photos of her car.

Update, had a look in there this morning and I spotted a separate camera which seems positioned to catch cars entering the employee's area so I presume this is a Highview Parking one.

Edited by carosio

Don't pay and keep writing with them and never admit you did this or were personally involved.

When their letters get really nasty write back that they have to change their attitude and these letters are causing you to get upset sleepless, nightmares make you shiver looking out the windows frightened for debt collectors giving them a warning. When the next nasty letter comes claim £450 compensation for this. Saying that they can sent a cheque or deposit it on PayPal.

Edited by dutch

18 hours ago, MallyMon said:

Bit late, now, sorry about that but YES you can and should appeal. Just before coronavirus struck I parked at Fox Valley (which has free parking for four hours only) but the signage was poor and the weather made it impossible to see the very small writing on the signage too. I received a parking charge notice, which is a totally different thing to an official PENALTY charge - and appealed and the parking company didn't accept that so I appealed to POPLA and won. And didn't have to pay a penny. £60 is a lot of money to pay to 'learn a lesson' and a lot of people on here have a weird idea of justice. . .  if you want to lose £60 and move on, that is your prerogative but I didn't want to. I've received, and successfully fought, three of these notices. They are a nuisance. But they can, and should be, challenged.

I advise you to google and join the MoneySaving Expert forum, go to the Motoring section and see what people there advise you. First they will say don't pay and then they will say don't ignore communications. But as some people have said here, what you've received is merely an invoice and you do not have to pay it. MSE forum has lots of info and advice.

What's your address? Might need a bit of free parking on your drive if I'm in the area.

Just now, Bargepole23 said:

What's your address? Might need a bit of free parking on your drive if I'm in the area.

Second time you have trotted that one out recently, both in this thread. When can we expect it a third time?

Edited by HeHasRisen

6 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Second time you have trotted that one out recently, both in this thread. When can we expect it a third time?

Thanks for your close monitoring. Dunno when I'll use it again, but keep your eyes peeled.

Neither recipient has yet replied.

Edited by Bargepole23

1 hour ago, Bargepole23 said:

You'd probably be trespassing (no invitation to park on private land), then he could sue, and you could defend on any reason that might apply.