Peter ,Paul And Mary City Hall.

In 1965 I had the pleasure of seeing the trio at Sheffield City Hall , recently found the tickets and programme . 

Any one else remember that concert ,Mary Travis was a pin up of mine , a  stunning looker and fine singer .

I had the L Ps from 1966,   Peter Paul and Mary in concert ,   now collectors pieces , mine got lost along the years but just watched the concert on you tube and the memory's came flying back of those hippy days with flowers in our hair .

It was 1965 at the City Hall 

16 hours ago, cuttsie said:

In 1965 I had the pleasure of seeing the trio at Sheffield City Hall , recently found the tickets and programme . 

Any one else remember that concert ,Mary Travis was a pin up of mine , a  stunning looker and fine singer .

I had the L Ps from 1966,   Peter Paul and Mary in concert ,   now collectors pieces , mine got lost along the years but just watched the concert on you tube and the memory's came flying back of those hippy days with flowers in our hair .

Think you were ahead of your time Cuttsie.

I didn't have flowers in my hair until '67 and the 'Summer of Love'

Halcyon days indeed!

echo

17 hours ago, cuttsie said:

You saw them in their prime, Cuttsie. What a treat.

I remmber back in  1964, we were moving our office an a sunny Saturday, and the boss brought the album in and cranked it up loud. I loved them ever since.

My brother Roy's son got friendly with an aging Peter Stooky, long after the group had demised, and was touring alone. He can play those songs on his guitar from memory. I tell him all he needs is a Mary, and he's made!

5 minutes ago, trastrick said:

You saw them in their prime, Cuttsie. What a treat.

I remmber back in  1964, we were moving our office an a sunny Saturday, and the boss brought the album in and cranked it up loud. I loved them ever since.

My brother Roy's son got friendly with an aging Peter Stooky, long after the group had demised, and was touring alone. He can play those songs on his guitar from memory. I tell him all he needs is a Mary, and he's made!

Some great tracks on the In Concert album , Played on my 3ft high speakers  at full blast in a terrace front room on Hoole Street , the speakers were given to me by a neighbour , The near neighbours were not impressed .

In the early morning rain, and blowing in the wind comes to mind .

Just bid for the Albums on eBay . get ready next door .

46 minutes ago, echo beach said:

Think you were ahead of your time Cuttsie.

I didn't have flowers in my hair until '67 and the 'Summer of Love'

Halcyon days indeed!

echo

My mullet lasted sixty years , I have just had my first real hair cut , My neck is frozzzzen .

Edited by cuttsie

8 hours ago, cuttsie said:

Some great tracks on the In Concert album , Played on my 3ft high speakers  at full blast in a terrace front room on Hoole Street , the speakers were given to me by a neighbour , The near neighbours were not impressed .

In the early morning rain, and blowing in the wind comes to mind .

Just bid for the Albums on eBay . get ready next door .

My mullet lasted sixty years , I have just had my first real hair cut , My neck is frozzzzen .

Must have been down to your ankles then Cuttsie!

My favourite group of that era from across the pond were the Mamas and the Papas. California Dreamin' and Monday Monday. Whenever I hear any of their songs it takes me back to that period of my life and the magical '60s.

echo.

Big record fair at Moor Market today , not one Peter Paul and Mary LP  to be had ,stallholders saying they are rarer than rocking horse dirt .

Was at that concert with my then sweetie (now wife of 56 years). She and I met through folk music (when she hired the resident singers from Chesterfield Folk Club),. Do you have the date of the concert? Never caught up with P,P,&M live again. Other folky concerts in early to mid sixties in Sheffield were Chris Barber's tours with Big Bill Broonzy, Sonny Terry and Brownie McGhee, and Sister Rosetta Tharpe; also a concert by Rambling Jack Elliott. From the British side of the water were splendid early folk gatherings, one with McPeakes, Watersons, and Louis Killen (on the same bill), and also the other Jack Elliott from Co Durham, for whom my fellow singer Tony Irvine and I opened. Lost the dates of all these, though I still have LPs from the period. In '67 we moved to Canada, where we had a moderately sucessful folk career for a few decades after that.

On 13/07/2022 at 17:24, Pender said:

Was at that concert with my then sweetie (now wife of 56 years). She and I met through folk music (when she hired the resident singers from Chesterfield Folk Club),. Do you have the date of the concert? Never caught up with P,P,&M live again. Other folky concerts in early to mid sixties in Sheffield were Chris Barber's tours with Big Bill Broonzy, Sonny Terry and Brownie McGhee, and Sister Rosetta Tharpe; also a concert by Rambling Jack Elliott. From the British side of the water were splendid early folk gatherings, one with McPeakes, Watersons, and Louis Killen (on the same bill), and also the other Jack Elliott from Co Durham, for whom my fellow singer Tony Irvine and I opened. Lost the dates of all these, though I still have LPs from the period. In '67 we moved to Canada, where we had a moderately sucessful folk career for a few decades after that.

29 September 1965

https://www.bradfordtimeline.co.uk/mindex65g.htm