Greta Thunberg

1 hour ago, onewheeldave said:

She is not, and never has used autism as an excuse. 

She is reaping no rewards of 'celebrity' or of mingling with these 'high profile' politicians- they are desicable greedy lying individuals when seen through autistic eyes.

She is a young person who is fully aware of the fact that we are in the middle of a mass extinction event whose horrors will likely unfold in her lifetime, and is associating with this political trash only because she thinks it is carries a very small chance of causing change that could lower the damage.

Deluded.

There are plenty of environmental protesters and active campaigners, they don't get the fan mail and loved up media attention.

There are plenty of far more educated and qualified individuals who could give some real practical solutions but they dont get a smidgen of the access to high-profile politicians that she gets.    She is a celebrity cult.

Pushed along by her equally egotistical and influential parents and don't you  believe for a second she is not reaping the rewards and benefits of her fame.  Just where exactly do you think she is getting all this access for these multi-million-pound yachts to "greenly" take her around the world.... Just where is the money coming from for this uneducated school dropout to be travelling around preaching to the converted..... How exactly is she the one that gets all of this high-profile access when there are millions of other people campaigning and protesting. It's not by accident.

It is a fickle world of celebrity and I hope to god hers will burn out soon, even more now she no longer has the cutesy child sthick to carry her.

Edited by ECCOnoob

Guest sibon
Just now, ECCOnoob said:

Deluded.

There are plenty of environmental protesters and active campaigners, they don't get the fan mail and loved up media attention.

There are plenty of far more educated and qualified individuals who could give some real practical solutions but they got get a smidgen of the access to high-profile politicians that she gets.    She is a celebrity cult.

Pushed along by her equally egotistical and influential parents and don't you  believe for a second she is not reaping the rewards and benefits of her fame.  Just where exactly do you think she is getting all this access for these multi-million-pound yachts to "greenly" take her around the world.... Just where is the money coming from for this uneducated school dropout to be travelling around preaching to the converted..... How exactly is she the one that gets all of this high-profile access when there are millions of other people campaigning and protesting. It's not by accident.

It is a fickle world of celebrity and I hope to god hers will burn out soon, even more now she no longer has the cutesy child sthick to carry her.

Bing... oh what's the use?

Some folk just have no self-awareness

7 minutes ago, sibon said:

Bing... oh what's the use?

Some folk just have no self-awareness

You can make all the silly jokes you want. I could not give a toss if you think of me as some grumpy old man.  

I have a different opinion which you can take or leave.

I don't see Greta as some glory child, beacon of hope that we should all be admiring.... I see her as some completely fake, deluded,  hypocritical individual caught in the Cult of celebrity.  

Edited by ECCOnoob

Guest sibon
2 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

You can make all the silly jokes you want. I could not give a toss if you think of me as some grumpy old man.  

I don't see Greta as some glory child, beacon of hope that we should all be admiring.... I see her as some completely fake, deluded,  hypocritical individual caught in the Cult of celebrity.  

We already knew that. You've told us before.

Saying it multiple times, in multiple, entitled ways, doesn't make it correct. 

In case you thought that your pomposity was some kind of winning strategy.

4 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

I think you're geting her mixed up with Boris Johnson.

1 minute ago, sibon said:

Greta? Is it you Greta? I'd recognise your p*** boiling skills anywhere.

Just now, sibon said:

What the hell are you talking about. This is not some competition. It is a discussion forum.

I don't win a prize. I could not give a flying fig  whether people think I'm right or not.  I have a strong opinion and I'm setting out.

You can either take the time to give some counterpoint or simply move on I really don't care..

Guest sibon
2 minutes ago, Carbuncle said:

Greta? Is it you Greta? I'd recognise your p*** boiling skills anywhere.

All you need is a decent air source heat pump, some lager and a syphon tube.

4 minutes ago, Longcol said:

I think you're geting her mixed up with Boris Johnson.

Possibly right. But at least he is actually an elected politician and doing an actual job.

Greta is just playing at being one.

2 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Possibly right. But at least he is actually an elected politician and doing an actual job.

Greta is just playing at being one.

Seems she's having more success than Johnson at the minute...................................

Just a thought, will Greta be cycling home or walking at the end of the cop26 conference? 🤔

7 minutes ago, pintor said:

Just a thought, will Greta be cycling home or walking at the end of the cop26 conference? 🤔

She's the new Messier - she'll be walking . 

See the source image