Greta Thunberg

When I grew up in Sheffield, we recycled everything.

Cinders from the fireplace paved our garden paths.

We collected and returned jam jars and Tizer bottles

We wore hand-me-down clothes and shoes

We put our food waste in a pig bin to be carted off to the farms.

We ate every part of the cow or pig

We took cuttings and seeds from our garden to make next years.

We took our vegetables and herbs from the garden

We ran out onto the road to be the first to collect horse droppings to put on our rhubarb patch

We walked along the railroad tracks to find a few peices of coal that might have fell from the train tender.

We took our own bottles to the pub to bring home beer.

We didn't even have a plastic recycling bin, lol

And all this, years, decades,  before the "woke" fake environmentalists appropriated our common sense under the banner of "saving the world".

So excuse me if I have a  laugh at the Sainsburys, John Lewis, Harrods and Fortnum and Mason chardonnay crowd on their environmental ramblings.

Lol

Edited by trastrick

57 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

How would it manifest in the video?

You tell me. 

1 hour ago, onewheeldave said:

Autism isn't an illness. The vast majority of the considerable problems most high functioning autistic people have to cope with are not a consequence of autism, but, of being autistic in a society designed by and for neurotypicals [non autistic people], who have minimal empathetic ability with any neurotype other than their own. 

Well said. I know exactly what you mean.

I've always thought these extremely talented people are a gift to society if only society knew how to appreciate them. They are not always the easiest people to deal with and each one brings their own challenges but they also bring a whole new ways of looking at things that are always interesting. 'Thinking outside the box' could be a phrase that was invented for them. 

4 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Well said. I know exactly what you mean.

I've always thought these extremely talented people are a gift to society if only society knew how to appreciate them. They are not always the easiest people to deal with and each one brings their own challenges but they also bring a whole new ways of looking at things that are always interesting. 'Thinking outside the box' could be a phrase that was invented for them

👏👏👏

33 minutes ago, trastrick said:

When I grew up in Sheffield, we recycled everything.

Cinders from the fireplace paved our garden paths.

We collected and returned jam jars and Tizer bottles

We wore hand-me-down clothes and shoes

We put our food waste in a pig bin to be carted off to the farms.

We ate every part of the cow or pig

We took cuttings and seeds from our garden to make next years.

We took our vegetables and herbs from the garden

We ran out onto the road to be the first to collect horse droppings to put on our rhubarb patch

We walked along the railroad tracks to find a few peices of coal that might have fell from the train tender.

We took our own bottles to the pub to bring home beer.

We didn't even have a plastic recycling bin, lol

Excellent piece Trastrick 👍

Then Woolworth's spoilt everything selling these  :roll:.

Worlds gone down hill since 🥴.

See the source image

4 hours ago, onewheeldave said:

Autism isn't an illness. The vast majority of the considerable problems most high functioning autistic people have to cope with are not a consequence of autism, but, of being autistic in a society designed by and for neurotypicals [non autistic people], who have minimal empathetic ability with any neurotype other than their own. 

Fine. Disorder then. Condition then. Disability then. Call it whatever you want.

Regardless of whatever definition,  the point is that she cannot be using it as some pathetic excuse for her failure to answer a simple question. She was at a bloody press conference. She chose to go to this event and play politician. She reaps the rewards of her fame and notoriety by getting access to these very high-profile figures and events. She chooses to put herself front and centre. She's the one who chooses to preach to the masses and claim that she is the voice of the unheard.

She failed. It was an embarrassment. It was a clear insight into her naivety, fragility, delusion and worthlessness.

I have some sympathy for the girl, she clearly has been manipulated throughout her childhood by her equally delusional, egotistical and hysterical parents and clearly has a warped view of the realities of the world and her status within it . However, it is blatantly obvious to all that as soon as you choose to enter the public profile you better be prepared and toughen up.

Edited by ECCOnoob

10 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Who pays for her to travel the world preaching ?

George Soros contributes quite a bit I hear. 

7 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

George Soros contributes quite a bit I hear. 

Not a bad gig then .

She marches with the school kids, but it's she who gets the attention of the papparazzi who follow her everywhere, and she gets all the credit. 

When she's has enough of the attention, her handlers are probably waiting to take her back to the 5 star hotel, to count the new donations to her tax free "foundation".

We used to call people like that bigeards.

I like Greta, she boils the p*** of sad old men.

Edited by Mister Gee

5 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

I like Greta, she boils the p*** of sad old men.

Hmmm... :huh:

I find that hard to believe...

... it can't be very environmentally friendly! :suspect: