Buying Unusual Foods Just Because They 'Look Interesting'

When I'm wandering around shops and markets, I have a bit of a weakness for buying unusual foods that I've never tried before, just because they "look interesting!. I often wish I hadn't bothered!  In Morrison's, I  recently bought some Yorkshire Wensleydale cheese, "infused with pink gin and raspberries". It was at a greatly reduced price in the discount bit of the fridge - and having tried  it, I now know exactly why it was reduced in price. It was vile - really, really vile.  Ugh!! It tasted like eating highly-scented bath soap and had a really nasty, bitter aftertaste. I don't like to waste stuff, but I'm afraid that this cheese ended up straight in the bin!

Has anyone else bought something just because it "looked interesting" - then lived to regret it?

Once bought two vegetarian sausages (from the reduced aisle) . I didnt want them but thought why not .  First bite I was pleasantly surprised ,second bite not so nice , third bite then straight in bin . Awful, like eating damp , mildly flavoured sawdust . Full price was over £4 for two sausages , I paid 20p and they were not worth that .