Is Joe Biden An Irishman .

I am just watching the BBC News , the main story is Joe Biden in a meeting with the Pope 

What surprised me was that Joe introduced himself to the Holy father as a Irishman .

Well you could knock me down with a feather as I have ben led to believe that he is a fully born and and bred American .

Whatever next , maybe the Royals  introducing them selves as German when ever the situation arises .

Like many Americans he refers to his origin and his proud allegiance to his ancestors adopted country, hence Irish-American, Italian-American etc. Perhaps equally strange as calling yourself British.

1 minute ago, cuttsie said:

Perhaps when he meets the Queen he will declare his Englishness .

Only if its written on a teleprompter. 

Old Joe turned up to discuss Global Warming with the pope in a 88 car convoy .

@cuttsie

Yes all them limos. I wonder how many Uzis amongst  the motorcade?

Ten of his great great grandparents were born in Ireland. I reckon that makes him five eighths Irish.

My great uncle was killed in the Easter rebellion in 1916, he was hailed as the Hero of the Mount Street Bridge siege and I’m very proud of my Irish roots, his brother was killed fighting for the British at the battle of Mousetrap in Ypres, his body was never found. I’m proud to be related to them.

Your xxxness varies with which genenration you are looking at and interpretation of nationality you choose.

Since ten of his great great grandparents were born in Ireland. It makes him five eighths British. 

His Biden ancestor and surname are English and their religion Protestant.

There are a lot of Irish-American votes.

Similarly if your grandparents were born in Norton are they Derbyshire or Yorkshire, West Yorkshire or South Yorkshire  or even Sheffield?

Beware with DNA test for Genealogy, my results originally showed some Irish and Scottish ancestry. The same test now shows none of these

2 hours ago, Annie Bynnol said:

Similarly if your grandparents were born in Norton are they Derbyshire or Yorkshire, West Yorkshire or South Yorkshire  or even Sheffield?

Beware with DNA test for Genealogy, my results originally showed some Irish and Scottish ancestry. The same test now shows none of these

I am one of those, Annie. Born in Norton Annexe Maternity Hospital during the war. My birth certificate says Sheffield, but my baptism certificate from next door says Diocese of Derby. Apparently the Norton township was to be incorporated into Sheffield in the late '30's but paperwork not completed until after the war.  I guess I have dual nationality..........🙂