Myhermes Deliveries

My brother has always used this courier to send lower cost items and never had any issues.

He recently had a few items sold on ebay to post and labelled them fine. But it soon transpired that he had added one postcode incorrectly (a letter out) on one of them, so it was delivered (on time) to that wrong address. Hermes added the photo on their site so they did their bit.

My brother called Hermes but they stated that there was nothing they could do as the fault was his. Though they instigated a courier return to ''collect'' the parcel, though of course there was no guarantee it would be found.

I tend to think that, as most people are dishonest, it won't be 'found'?

Edited by Electerrific

Like you’ve allready put it was his fault. .Hermes have delivered to the address put by your brother. .hopefully the person at the wrong address will hand it back to Hermes .

22 minutes ago, rudds1 said:

Like you’ve allready put it was his fault. .Hermes have delivered to the address put by your brother. .hopefully the person at the wrong address will hand it back to Hermes .

Quite.

If it happened to be a Swatch, here it is.

If a Rolex, I know nothing about it!

Forgive my not understanding but, if the address was correct, how can they deliver it to a different address, even if one letter was missing from the post code?

9 minutes ago, kidley said:

Forgive my not understanding but, if the address was correct, how can they deliver it to a different address, even if one letter was missing from the post code?

The post code was wrong not a letter missing 

5 hours ago, FoxLady said:

Quite.

If it happened to be a Swatch, here it is.

If a Rolex, I know nothing about it!

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

About time you made me laugh.

16 hours ago, rudds1 said:

One incorrect letter in a post code shouldn’t result in a delivery to a street different to the one on the package.

3 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

One incorrect letter in a post code shouldn’t result in a delivery to a street different to the one on the package.

So where should it be delivered, the postcode or the street address?

1 hour ago, Bargepole23 said:

So where should it be delivered, the postcode or the street address?

Street address, obviously. How can a package be delivered to a post code, leave it in the road?

23 hours ago, rudds1 said:

On 28/10/2021 at 16:11, Electerrific said:

My brother has always used this courier to send lower cost items and never had any issues.

He recently had a few items sold on ebay to post and labelled them fine. But it soon transpired that he had added one postcode incorrectly (a letter out) on one of them, so it was delivered (on time) to that wrong address. Hermes added the photo on their site so they did their bit.

My brother called Hermes but they stated that there was nothing they could do as the fault was his. Though they instigated a courier return to ''collect'' the parcel, though of course there was no guarantee it would be found.

I tend to think that, as most people are dishonest, it won't be 'found'?

My Bold

Was the post code wrong or  a letter missing , its got me flummoxed this has.

16 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

Street address, obviously. How can a package be delivered to a post code, leave it in the road?

What if the street address is wrong? Not obvious at all.

I get the occasional letter for somebody with a very similar address but with my address and their postcode on the letter. If the house number and postcode were used it would end up in the right letterbox.

On 29/10/2021 at 19:00, Jim Hardie said:

Our Post Code covers an area stretching approximately for a mile and quarter but most Satnavs dump the delivery drivers outside our house and most automatically assume they've found the right address. Amazon are the very worst. Even if you tell them where the actual address is they take no notice. We've had the same parcel delivered on one occasion on four consecutive days.

When I eventually got through to Amazon the woman said they don't have a recollect and redirect facility, she told me to keep it, give it away or bin it. Presumably it's the vendor not Amazon who bears the loss. We are one of the few houses with a notice on our front door saying  'No Amazon Deliveries'