Dem Blades V Tangerines.

A game against an in form side.

3 points please.

Like us you're no promotion chasing team.

39 minutes ago, ukdobby said:

Like us you're no promotion chasing team.

We’re a million miles away from a top 6 team at the moment 

If you don't take your chances that's what you get.

It's happening too often to be just bad luck.

Some scary looking fans near the train station at 6pm

Don't know why so many Blackpool fans were there at that time 

Best avoiding that area for a few hours

Edited by rogets

On 27/10/2021 at 19:56, cmonkes said:

Say what I've said all along, these are the games that we have to be winning to be a promotion chasing team! 

I expect no less than 3 points.

Oh dear.

2 hours ago, rogets said:

Some scary looking fans near the train station at 6pm

Don't know why so many Blackpool fans were there at that time 

Best avoiding that area for a few hours

Cheers Rogets,

I was about to do a bit of Trainspotting tonight.

Will give it a miss.

Thanks for the information, much appreciated.

41 minutes ago, Kelvin Phlats said:

What a shame really isn't it. Train stations are brilliant aren't they, always had a soft spot for them, along with old disused football grounds and the like.

Why would the united fans attack the Blackpool supporters like that, I really can't get my head around it. Just people wanting to go home after watching their team, what's wrong with that? Doesn't surprise me by the way, It really is to be expected from them.

What's

happened?.

After the game I was walking to the Sheaf and spoke to the two Blackpool lads who got thrown out, they seemed nice lads and pleasant enough.

I met numerous Blackpool fans last night in town and up West Street with no problems and all OK for a chat about the game.

About 80-100 Blackpool fans got on the pitch after they scored and two were ejected.

It was as though they'd just won the FA Cup.

Good luck to them they were only enjoying the game and caused no problems.

Just one point to add, if a Blades fan goes on the pitch they are automatically banned from the ground in future.

Edited by Alextopman

10 minutes ago, cmonkes said:

As for the game itself - it was it's normal, frustrating self! No shocks really on our part, as we continue the frustrating pattern of wastefulness that we have exhibited time and time again this season.

The performance was dominant, we controlled proceedings and only one team looked like winning. But once more.....we manufacture our own downfall with squandered chances! By the hour mark of the game, we could have and should have been 3-0 up....without a single doubt! And that just isn't good enough!

As we continue to press the game, we once again get caught out on the counter and it bewilders me why we are still susceptible to this and aren't learning??... Blackpool go long and to be fair to the goalscorer, he was composed and he has taken the goal really well.

Reading all the Blackpool comments after the game, they say it all! They didn't expect anything from it and are humble enough to say that we must feel robbed after that. 

Yes and no..... Yes because we were by far the better team and should have walked home. But no likewise, because if you don't take your chances, you don't win games. Albeit a rare, hopeful chance that you had.... you clinically put it away and if you score goals, you win games....quite simple.

Fresh attacking minds are a must in January. Goodbye McBurnie, McGoldrick, and sorry Billy.....but you are now an impact player and not a first choice regular.

Cheers Monkes,

always enjoy reading your reports.

I honestly can’t believe that after all these years anyone pays any attention to anything certain posters say.  My friend was waiting for a train (not to Blackpool) for half an hour from 5 o’clock. She says the station was busy but saw no trouble at all.

If it suits your agenda tho…

Edited by nikki-red

6 minutes ago, nikki-red said:

I honestly can’t believe that after all these years anyone pays any attention to anything Rogets says.

If it suits your agenda tho…

Rogets is a University educated connoisseur of all things football...

And as such his words should be taken with a pinch of salt heeded.