Jump to content

Glasgow Cop. Climate Change Conference 2021

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, LovePotion said:

Actually I have no children....I take the potion at the speaking end.

The 2/3 Mrs Johnsons should have followed your example, then Boris could have led by example and brought in the one child policy  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

See that Prince Charles is due to fly off on a Middle East tour to raise amongst other things, climate change. 

 

Meanwhile, The Queen has basically started her Christmas holidays by flying from Windsor to Sandringham. 

Edited by Baron99

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Brazil delegation was a modest 479 people. 
 

Sponsored by a chainsaw company, it is rumoured. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Baron99 said:

See that Prince Charles is due to fly off on a Middle East tour to raise amongst other things, climate change. 

 

Meanwhile, The Queen has basically started her Christmas holidays by flying from Windsor to Sandringham. 

Let's ban all private jets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Anna B said:

Let's ban all private jets. 

Make that one jet journey per year allowed for every citizen .  Sea travel should be encouraged on ships that carry our goods around the World . The problem is the rich who demand all the goodies while telling the rest of us how to behave . Charlie boy and his family inc .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems to me that some people love to attach themselves to a cause and demonstrate and be vociferous whilst things go on as normal .

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

Seems to me that some people love to attach themselves to a cause and demonstrate and be vociferous whilst things go on as normal .

 

 

Who??????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Anna B said:

Let's ban all private jets. 

According to the BBC CO2 per mile is more for buses than long haul flights, jets will be off the scale.

Transporting one person in a car is the worst for emissions, armoured vehicles are not listed, even compared to flying.

 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-49349566

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cuttsie said:

Make that one jet journey per year allowed for every citizen .  Sea travel should be encouraged on ships that carry our goods around the World . The problem is the rich who demand all the goodies while telling the rest of us how to behave . Charlie boy and his family inc .

Planes carry cargo too. Fuel should be heavily taxed, what ever it is used for.

 

I have shares in I3 Energy plc, they own and explore for new oil fields, its share price has been increasing this year, if Government were seriously doing anything about climate change its share price would be plunging downwrds.

Having said that, all this 'talk' about climate does bring doubts about its future share price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, cuttsie said:

Who??????

I should have written "and change nothing significantly whilst things go on as always"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, El Cid said:

Planes carry cargo too. Fuel should be heavily taxed, what ever it is used for.

 

I have shares in I3 Energy plc, they own and explore for new oil fields, its share price has been increasing this year, if Government were seriously doing anything about climate change its share price would be plunging downwrds.

Having said that, all this 'talk' about climate does bring doubts about its future share price.

I don't think the penny has dropped for some people.

As far as the elite are concerned, we are screwing up the world they enjoy. They want to continue enjoying it in the way they've come to expect, know and love. So let's find ways of keeping our lovely advantages and excluding everyone else.

Simple! Let's ramp up the prices of everything like cars and holidays and houses to put them outside the pocket of the average citizen, and we cut emmisions at a stroke, without inconveniencing the rich and powerful elite one jot. Great plan! 

 

Now, who makes the plan - oh yes the rich and powerful elite.....

 

If Cop26 has proved anything, it's that the above is true. 

So be careful what you wish for. Or we'll all be the turkeys voting for Christmas.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.