Is Climate Change Our Fault?

19 hours ago, El Cid said:

So if the UK cut our CO2 today, to 50% of 1990 levels, when do you think it would affect the climate.

I don't know, I'm not a climatologist.

Wouldn't make a huge difference in isolation.

5 hours ago, Cyclecar said:

Let's face it, nature is more powerful than any government.

Birth rates in developed countries are on the decline, we need them to keep falling.

UK and USA are around 1.8, with Japan down at 1.3 which means their population is decreasing.

Anything below 2.1 means a declining population, but countries such as Somalia is at 5

Maybe if we give everyone in third world country a smart phone? They would soon stop talking to each other  :)

That great environmentalist  Prince Charles has flown by jet plane  into Barbados this week ,  Still doing his bit it seems .

The Barbadons will be glad to see the back of him and are hoping he and his family descendants  will return the millions of pounds they benefited from when slavery was the main trade from that Island .

1 hour ago, cuttsie said:

That great environmentalist  Prince Charles has flown by jet plane  into Barbados this week ,  Still doing his bit it seems .

The Barbadons will be glad to see the back of him and are hoping he and his family descendants  will return the millions of pounds they benefited from when slavery was the main trade from that Island .

If they thought climate change was a problem to solve, surely they wouldnt allow such flights?

Isn't it strange that we in the western world got to where we are because of fossil fuels and now the  developing are told to hold the horses.oneupmanship as per usual.

6 minutes ago, rayggb said:

Isn't it strange that we in the western world got to where we are because of fossil fuels and now the  developing are told to hold the horses.oneupmanship as per usual.

We've already been overtaken by the Chinese, and the Indians are now snapping at our heels; we can't let the Africans get ahead  <clutches pearls in horror>

Owing to the present World situation  IE--the risk of nuclear annihilation.

Would it not be a good idea to convert all our cities into Subterranean cities..

This would free up land for agriculture uses, and the planting of millions of trees therefore reducing our carbon footprint...

Any carbon generated by these Cities could be captured and stored safely away...

As an added bonus these Cities would be well protected against any adverse weather conditions...

Not good news for the umbrella manufacture's, but a small price to pay if we want to survive.

Logistics!

How well did your "Hole in the Road" work out?  :)

1 hour ago, Padders said:

Owing to the present World situation  IE--the risk of nuclear annihilation.

Would it not be a good idea to convert all our cities into Subterranean cities..

This would free up land for agriculture uses, and the planting of millions of trees therefore reducing our carbon footprint...

Any carbon generated by these Cities could be captured and stored safely away...

As an added bonus these Cities would be well protected against any adverse weather conditions...

Not good news for the umbrella manufacture's, but a small price to pay if we want to survive.

When you look at films that are set in the future, some seem to think that is what the future will be like. Except the underground cities are after the nuclear war. Maybe that is inevitable? I would think the populations would be much reduced.

Maybe houses with cellars will increase in price? Where should we shelter in the event of being nuked?

I'll be under a palm tree, on a bautiful beach, beside the beach bar.

You lot know all the answers, so I'll leave it all to you!  :)

19 hours ago, trastrick said:

I'll be under a palm tree, on a bautiful beach, beside the beach bar.

You lot know all the answers, so I'll leave it all to you!  :)

Sadly, I will not be under a palm tree, I'll be under a duvet trying to keep warm in a British winter.

People's needs are different all over the world.

5 hours ago, Anna B said:

Sadly, I will not be under a palm tree, I'll be under a duvet trying to keep warm in a British winter.

People's needs are different all over the world.

Some people take care of their own needs, Anna.

Some rely on strangers (bureaucrats) to do it for them.