Mulled Wine And Mulled Cider

Anyone recommend where to buy mulling wine and/or vintage cider to mull please?

It's for an event and I'm after about 8 bottles of each, so 6l of each.

It's probably posible to mull most wines, and add in ingredients, but we need the simplicity of drinks that are pre-perfected to heat and serve.

T.i.a.

Edited by sheff6danny
Spelling mistake

I don't think it's really necessary to buy wines or ciders that are pre-perfected and ready to heat and serve. Most red wines and ciders will do the trick. From my experience, my advice would be to use a strong red wine or cider - the higher the alcohol content the better. I would also use a flat cider rather than a fizzy cider - because all the fizz disappears anyway, once it's heated. The flavourings you add are entirely a personal choice. I tend to make mulled wine by emptying a bottle of red wine into a large pan with the squeezed juice and zest of a couple of oranges or clementines. I then add spices - usually cinnamon bark, a few whole cloves, finely chopped fresh ginger, a couple of star anise & couple of crushed cardamom pods and a pinch of mixed all-spice, then add some sweetness with some dark brown sugar, some honey - or a bit of both. Heat gently but don't allow to boil.   Sometimes I add a slug of dark rum for an added alcohol kick. Allow it to cool and infuse for several hours, then filter a few times through coffee-maker filter papers until it is quite clear. You can then bottle it and warm up and serve when you're ready.