Lys Mousset - Long May It Last.

I mentioned at the beginning of the season just how stand out and important Lys Mousset could be, under the leadership of an attacking minded manager such as Jokanovic.

Flip the coin and I rightly pointed out my frustrations of how Mousset had been conducting himself and ultimately representing club, away from the pitch. For me it was make or break for the lad....he either had to get fit, knuckle down and redeem himself by proving himself both on and off the pitch, or quite simply we had to cut ties.

I remember how Impressed with Mousset when he first started playing at the club. He enthusiasm, hungry and looked like he had a real point to prove. He ran at the opposition, stretched them and scared them senseless at times....he didn't look massively out of place in the top flight.

Frustratingly, the lad had undoubted ability and could be prolific in this league for sure. He's only just returning to fitness and he is showing this again in glimpses already.

My point remains the same....this is the Lys Mousset that we all know else has in him. He just needs to put in the work, stay fit and keep up his work ethic. If he does so, he is a high double figured, championship goalscorer.....for sure. In slavs system and style of play, he will hit the back of the net frequently 

So far, so good.....but still has to prove himself. He needs to stay out of bother away from the pitch and he needs to maintain a level of interest and fitness in order to continue his form..

Keep up the good work Lys, please don't let us down. 

The lad could be such an asset to us, and he's one of a group of players brought in Chris Wilder who had not achieved his potential elsewhere.  He's still not done that, the potential is still there, and his pace particularly could be vital.  The same applies to Oliver Burke of course.   Imagine if either (or both) of them stepped up regularly  - what a threat they would be in games where we are under pressure for a period.  A long ball out behind the defence would be a great weapon, so more of the opposition would need to hold back.

I read somewhere that hes injured again.

On 24/10/2021 at 22:20, cmonkes said:

I mentioned at the beginning of the season just how stand out and important Lys Mousset could be, under the leadership of an attacking minded manager such as Jokanovic.

Flip the coin and I rightly pointed out my frustrations of how Mousset had been conducting himself and ultimately representing club, away from the pitch. For me it was make or break for the lad....he either had to get fit, knuckle down and redeem himself by proving himself both on and off the pitch, or quite simply we had to cut ties.

I remember how Impressed with Mousset when he first started playing at the club. He enthusiasm, hungry and looked like he had a real point to prove. He ran at the opposition, stretched them and scared them senseless at times....he didn't look massively out of place in the top flight.

Frustratingly, the lad had undoubted ability and could be prolific in this league for sure. He's only just returning to fitness and he is showing this again in glimpses already.

My point remains the same....this is the Lys Mousset that we all know else has in him. He just needs to put in the work, stay fit and keep up his work ethic. If he does so, he is a high double figured, championship goalscorer.....for sure. In slavs system and style of play, he will hit the back of the net frequently 

So far, so good.....but still has to prove himself. He needs to stay out of bother away from the pitch and he needs to maintain a level of interest and fitness in order to continue his form..

Keep up the good work Lys, please don't let us down. 

He's stopped driving past my house several times a day at 1000000 mph. Maybe he's settled down a bit.