Should The Queen Retire ?

Guest makapaka
19 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

There is no need for me to give any reasons again you simply need to read through the thread.

When you have done you can inform us of why others have such respect.

Why do you avoid answering questions about what you have pride in ?

Ok -  I’m proud of my daughter for doing well at school. 

I’ve read the thread and I can’t find anything that shows why we should be proud of the queen - other than statements like - she’s our monarch or she’s something we should cherish.

So what has she done that makes you proud?

2 minutes ago, makapaka said:

I’ve read the thread and I can’t find anything that shows why we should be proud of the queen - other than statements like - she’s our monarch or she’s something we should cherish.

You have every right not to have pride for the queen,  just as Harvey 19 has every right to have pride for her, both of you have the right to your opinions, that’s what you get living in a society  that promotes freedom of speech, why don’t you both quit whilst you’re drawing?

Guest makapaka
6 minutes ago, crookesey said:

You have every right not to have pride for the queen,  just as Harvey 19 has every right to have pride for her, both of you have the right to your opinions, that’s what you get living in a society  that promotes freedom of speech, why don’t you both quit whilst you’re drawing?

You’re right. I don’t have a problem with people doing whatever they wish if they’re not hurting others.

i just don’t get it and was hoping someone might enlighten me.

2 hours ago, makapaka said:

I asked what you were proud of besides your family.

I think you need to reread the thread without bias or preconceived ideas.

2 hours ago, crookesey said:

Yes I think that is a good idea.

It has been an interesting discussion.

Guest makapaka
1 hour ago, West 77 said:

I think the Queen cherishes her own country.

You’ve answered a different question there.

I think she should retire. I know I would.

She will never officially retire. She sees herself as the last slim thread of stability in a very changed world. I think she fears the aftermath and she's right to. 

I can't see the monarchy surviving long in its present form after she's gone.

35 minutes ago, LovePotion said:

I don't care whether she retires or not I've no interest in the Royal family, they are of no use to me or the nation. It's funny how people complain about those with diffic ulties/disabilities claiming tax payers' money in benefits, yet these 'Royals' get a much higher chunk of.tax payer money and no one seems to complain. Why should our taxes go towards redecorating their homes? I bet they've never done a 12 hour laborious shift and gone home with blistered feet and so tired they fall asleep before they can even eat their dinner.

Just as a matter of interest have you or anyone you know  ever done a 12 hour laborious shift and gone home with blistered feet so tired you fell asleep before you can even eat your dinner.

14 minutes ago, Anna B said:

She will never officially retire. She sees herself as the last slim thread of stability in a very changed world. I think she fears the aftermath and she's right to. 

I can't see the monarchy surviving long in its present form after she's gone.

I think it will continue. Not all Royals are unpopular.

Edited by harvey19

Charles will give the monarchy the coup de grace, I honestly think that the Queen knows this and the longer she reigns the more likely that Charles will stand down in favour of William. So what sort of King will William  make, answers on a postcard?

23 minutes ago, LovePotion said:

Yes, many times.

Have you?

I have worked 12 hour shifts and longer but always took care of my feet.

What caused your blistered feet ?

13 minutes ago, crookesey said:

Charles will give the monarchy the coup de grace, I honestly think that the Queen knows this and the longer she reigns the more likely that Charles will stand down in favour of William. So what sort of King will William  make, answers on a postcard?

I do not agree with your first sentence but agree that William and Kate will make a very popular King and consort.