Spanish Rendering

A friend has a property in Spain and some of the rendering on the perimeter wall is cracking/failing. To me, it looks like a coloured cement base with small stones either trowelled on or blown on by machine.

Can anyone give, based on the photo, a more knowlegeable assessment please?

xjrjWvQ.jpg

The finish is known as 'cotegran' contains marble or glass chips in it. There's one with a much rougher surface that I think is called 'raspado' or something like that.

Getting a match to this finish is probably going to be near impossible, so be prepared to take off the lot and refinish the whole area. The traditional way of doing the finish is actually throwing it onto the wall, then trowelling to shape but I think on big house building projects they have machines which blow it onto the wall's surface.

Thank you for that, I will pass the good news onto the owner; it did strike me as rather exotic. It might have been done to all the houses when they built the estate. I'll find out.