Sheffield Christmas Lights The Best Ever

On 21/10/2021 at 22:59, Thirsty Relic said:

Fine, so long as they don't block entrances to Fargate shops as previous "markets" on Fargate have done.  M+S particularly have complained previously

Seconded. Hate it when you have to dodge and weave through all the ephemeral 'street market type' stalls to access proper shops like M&S.

2 hours ago, bassett one said:

has anyone seen manchester winter funland that might be good to copy?

Maybe hold it in Lowedges with its fast transit access, staffing provided by SCC Housing Department 

On 21/10/2021 at 18:25, bassett one said:

READING the press review we are in for a magnificent set of lights this year,i will see them in parts,but wouldnt it be great with a huge indoor grotto/funfair/market as well,think this is done in scotland and elsewhere,what do others think,the indoor or covered idea is great for december weather is it not??

I would hope that this is put on by business and not a local authority?

Edited by S1 1DJ

think its a joint cost with the funfair supplying the xmas shop cabins and funfair  and the council

anyone go to the big switch on? are they better than last year,will visit soon,but it will help if you can tell me the best part thanks

33 minutes ago, bassett one said:

anyone go to the big switch on? are they better than last year,will visit soon,but it will help if you can tell me the best part thanks

They’re not switched on till November 21st…

43 minutes ago, nikki-red said:

They’re not switched on till November 21st…

I was going to ask the date Nikki.  Thanks for that.

Does anyone know who will be pressing the button?

sorry i thought they where on,are there not several sites for the switch on because of covid?

On 11/11/2021 at 23:33, jane2008 said:

I was going to ask the date Nikki.  Thanks for that.

Does anyone know who will be pressing the button?

Jamie Campbell…

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/people/sheffield-christmas-lights-2021-everybodys-talking-about-jamie-icon-jamie-campbell-to-turn-on-lights-3462219

are they not doing several light switch ons? heard there was several to avoid big crowds in one space

3 minutes ago, bassett one said:

are they not doing several light switch ons? heard there was several to avoid big crowds in one space

Hmmm... :huh:

I suppose that must be the reason why they've got Jamie Campbell to switch them on then? :hihi: