Hillsborough Sidecars

Hi everyone, I'm researching the Hillsborough Sidecar Company that was active from just after the war until around 1960 in Sheffield and I'm keen to make contact with a couple of people that I believe may be able to help me. 

Does anyone have contact details for Alan Hodgson or Steve Pinson (senior)??? Alan is the eldest grandson of Harry Hodgson (who started the company) and Steve is his cousin and they both worked for Harry back in the day.

Steve apparently ran Auto Rads Sheffield and I've tried them but the number is no longer in use.

If anybody know these two people or if indeed they are on this forum, I would love to hear from them.

Pete

Hi

leader road garage at Hillsboro used to be a sidecar manufacturer, the garage is still in operation doing repairs and MOTs . 

Try Phillip Hodgson Joinery on Loxley New Rd.

On 25/10/2021 at 11:32, Sloperman600 said:

Hi there, yes, this is what someone else told me as well. I really need to contact either or both of the two people named above.

https://cybermotorcycle.com/gallery/sidecars/Hillsborough-Sidecars-1954-p82.htm

Pete

Hi There I am writing a book on Sidecars of the 40s 50s & 60s I am on with the Hillsborough section at the moment. I have quite a few brochures and other info  but I dont think Hillsborough did an offside rear door your discription with the glass etc sounds like a Garrard but I would have to see a picture. Also I have a pic of every Hillsborough model except the Abbydale but these are only brochure illustrations I am short of pics of real life sidecars if anyone has any. Also If anyone has any factory pics that would be a dream

Glen Fallow

A19 pools & spas

peterlee

Durham

Hi There I am writing a book on Sidecars of the 40s 50s & 60s I am on with the Hillsborough section at the moment. I have quite a few brochures and other info  but I dont think Hillsborough did an offside rear door your discription with the glass etc sounds like a Garrard but I would have to see a picture. Also I have a pic of every Hillsborough model except the Abbydale but these are only brochure illustrations I am short of pics of real life sidecars if anyone has any. Also If anyone has any factory pics that would be a dream

Glen Fallow

A19 pools & spas

peterlee

Durham

we sometimes get the old bikes and side cars visit our annual festival did not know they where made in sheffield

See the source image

Some more on here.

Sloperman600's Content - Sheffield Forum

the little book Sidecars by Jo Axon is worth having in anyone's collection.

From as little as £3.55 including the postage off Ebay.

Sidecars (Shire Album),Jo Axon - Picture 1 of 1

Best of luck with the research Glen

Rocker 8)

Thanks I wonder if anybody out there remembers the factory in leader road. Or has any pictures