Certifying A Document.

I need to have true certified copies of 2 death certificates to send to the Land Registry, one certificate is the original, the other is a copy of the original.

Land Registry says "the document must be certified by a professional person or someone well-respected in your community (‘of good standing’)".

So, must I first obtain the original of the one that is just a copy, and could a neighbour (retired) that I've known for 50 years perform the certifying? I need to get it right to reduce the possibility of having the forms returned for correction.

I did contact a local councilor but never received a reply, and I don't really want to bother doctor or dentist for obvious reasons.

I think it means doctor teacher something like that.

There should be somewhere a list of people that are acceptable to certify documents and these vary by document. I suggest you google/contact the land registry directly and find out who is acceptable

usually the list will be professionals

20 hours ago, carosio said:

I need to have true certified copies of 2 death certificates to send to the Land Registry, one certificate is the original, the other is a copy of the original.

Land Registry says "the document must be certified by a professional person or someone well-respected in your community (‘of good standing’)".

So, must I first obtain the original of the one that is just a copy, and could a neighbour (retired) that I've known for 50 years perform the certifying? I need to get it right to reduce the possibility of having the forms returned for correction.

I did contact a local councilor but never received a reply, and I don't really want to bother doctor or dentist for obvious reasons.

As to Death Certificates (and Marriage Certificates, come to that):

a. the 'original' is not issued but retained at the modern equivalent of Somerset House and at the Local Authority; but

b. what is issued is an official certified copy. It's this of which HMLR seeks a photocopy certified by a solicitor or someone similar. Re by whom, see https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/verify-identity-citizen-id1 where the form ID1 is accompanied by a list of who's acceptable.

Ok thank you for the advice all, I've now an idea of who I should approach.