Buying Used Car What Mot Is Acceptable

I've been offered a car on finance all gone through I got reg today to do some checks its got mot till start of Feb I've asked for a full ticket they say Feb is a fair amount what do u think forgot to add the car cost 5k

Edited by Hans-solo

Definitely HN, spending 5K on a car pitch means a full years MOT in my book. If the car is good enough to be worth 5K then putting it through a test should be merely a formality for them. I’d view that as a deal breaker.

Definitley a full 12 month MOT 

Industry standard is usually about 9 months, but different places will have different standards. You can check the MOT history "HERE"  if you are concerned about any potential future advisory's or minors. Failing that ask them to put a new MOT on it.

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

Walk away if the garage won't give you a full years MOT. 

I agree.

More importantly, how are the previous MOTs looking?   That's the biggest clue for how well a car is cared for.

Edited by alchresearch

All previous mot look OK had 3 failures through its life brake pads and suspension top bushes both sides had words with garage and finally got him to do 12 month mot before cars delivered was a nightmare getting that far