Clapped Out: Is The Nhs Broken?

1 hour ago, sibon said:

It’s the truth.

Like it or not.

You have no idea who we work for or who pays the bill, we're doing very well though.

Bitter old man.

50 minutes ago, the_bloke said:

This. Absolutely this.

The NHS should be run like a not for profit organisation; efficiency and money saving without loss of service should always be a focus; cost and performance savings can be redirected internally. However, the NHS, like other public services, seems to be unable to grasp the concept of continuous improvement because there isn't a reason to do so. If a business got an ever increasing amount of money to operate each year without actually doing anything different to justify the increase - it hasn't operated any differently to the year before, no increase in performance, productivity, the processes are the same, the mistakes are the same - then why is it ever going to change? Fax machines are a prime example of the NHS doing things because 'it has always been this way'.

Add the fact that anyone trying to push changes to the NHS is responded to with strike action and being accused of privatisation doesn't help.

Excellent post and sums it up well.

Or....have the Tories deliberately broken it so they can sell bits off?

Guest sibon
15 minutes ago, top4718 said:

You have no idea who we work for or who pays the bill, 

You told us all a few weeks ago.

Did you forget? 

Anyway. Back on topic. Tell us your recipe  for improving the NHS. 

Edited by sibon

6 minutes ago, melthebell said:

This rumour has been doing the rounds for 30 years it still hasn't happened, I think Labours PFI contracts privatised more than the Tories have.

3 minutes ago, sibon said:

You told us all a few weeks ago.

Did you forget? 

Anyway. Back on topic. Tell us your recipe  for improving the NHS. 

I've already mentioned the German system as being an example of what we should be aiming for.

I'm still paying between £100-£200 for ex-NHS computers and printers, sometimes these machines still have the original manufacturers warranty on them.  They then go on for another 3-5 years fault free in my care.

The NHS buys IT equipment then scraps it after a couple of years.  Third party companies then "kindly" take these computers off their hands for pennies, test them, stick in a new blank hard disk drive then sell them for the above prices.

Edited by alchresearch

2 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

I'm still paying between £100-£200 for ex-NHS computers and printers, sometimes these machines still have the original manufacturers warranty on them.  They then go on for another 3-5 years fault free in my care.

The NHS buys IT equipment then scraps it after a couple of years.  Third party companies then "kindly" take these computers off their hands for pennies, test them, stick in a new blank hard disk drive then sell them for the above prices.

If ever a full independent audit was done on the NHS and made public there'd be no more clapping.

Guest sibon
10 minutes ago, top4718 said:

I've already mentioned the German system as being an example of what we should be aiming for.

You’ve briefly mentioned it. Which particular aspects of the German health service make it better than the NHS?

Just now, sibon said:

You’ve briefly mentioned it. Which particular aspects of the German health service make it better than the NHS?

Look it up.

Guest sibon
Just now, top4718 said:

Look it up.

I don’t need to. I have relatives in Germany.

Why not just answer my perfectly reasonable question.

Just now, sibon said:

I don’t need to. I have relatives in Germany.

Why not just answer my perfectly reasonable question.

You're a fantasist I'm not surprised, you have strategically placed operatives in place to cover your bases in any argument.

Time to ignore again, you've too much time on your hands.

Guest sibon
2 minutes ago, top4718 said:

You're a fantasist I'm not surprised, you have strategically placed operatives in place to cover your bases in any argument.

Time to ignore again, you've too much time on your hands.

Why not just answer my perfectly reasonable question?

You seem a bit rattled by it.

40 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Yes.