Bus Timetable Changes 31 October 2021

3 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

You are an actual idiot.

did you need the word"actual" in the reply? I can think of a few choice words I might have used

So now buses will turn up and on time then?

11 minutes ago, lawro said:

So now buses will turn up and on time then?

In your dreams.

can i just pop a word for us drivers or what is left of us drivers,

as drivers we have got to the point where we have had enoghth the abuse since all this covid has been about has got alot worse i have worked on the buses in Sheffield for over 15 years and its never been as bad as what it is now, the moral is so low within depots and staff are leaving even for lower payed jobs so they don't have to deal with the hassle anymore. even from little comments thinking they are funny of

"So now buses will turn up and on time then? In your dreams." is not helpful and that the some of the main reason for buses been late are out of the control of the driver or company, 

Me personally am very close to leaving too as i cant take the hassle anymore and its not worth the long unsociable hours anymore, driving for long periods of time without access to something as simple as a toilet. We as Drivers may surprise you that we think that the buses are not good from the actual bus its self to the route and the prices and the amount of tickets there actually is. and the main cause for all this is that these company's need to make money and as much as possible as they are a business at the end of the day if you like it or not, we would rather it be public ran but there will always be people who still slate us even if it was a public service. I have never seen such low numbers on our rotas and one driver who has been there for 30+ years said he hates the job now and is leaving next week to work in a local supermarket before he reties,

We do have alot of new drivers coming into the industry but some of them are only lasting a month or so and saying they dint realise it was this bad, also they are been rushed through because the company is desperate to cover work which will cause lateness or worse accident's

what i am trying to get at is don't just blame the bus companies they are partly to blame but also the public need a good look at themselves and they way the behave and react or these reductions in service wont be the last as more leave and the public will be left with less buses than whats on the road now.

Edited by driver151

25 minutes ago, driver151 said:

as drivers we have got to the point where we have had enoghth the abuse since all this covid has been about has got alot worse i have worked on the buses in Sheffield for over 15 years and its never been as bad as what it is now, the moral is so low within depots and staff are leaving even for lower payed jobs so they don't have to deal with the hassle anymore. even from little comments thinking they are funny of

"So now buses will turn up and on time then? In your dreams." is not helpful and that the some of the main reason for buses been late are out of the control of the driver or company, 

Me personally am very close to leaving too as i cant take the hassle anymore and its not worth the long unsociable hours anymore, driving for long periods of time without access to something as simple as a toilet. We as Drivers may surprise you that we think that the buses are not good from the actual bus its self to the route and the prices and the amount of tickets there actually is. and the main cause for all this is that these company's need to make money and as much as possible as they are a business at the end of the day if you like it or not, we would rather it be public ran but there will always be people who still slate us even if it was a public service. I have never seen such low numbers on our rotas and one driver who has been there for 30+ years said he hates the job now and is leaving next week to work in a local supermarket before he reties,

We do have alot of new drivers coming into the industry but some of them are only lasting a month or so and saying they dint realise it was this bad, also they are been rushed through because the company is desperate to cover work which will cause lateness or worse accident's

what i am trying to get at is don't just blame the bus companies they are partly to blame but also the public need a good look at themselves and they way the behave and react or these reductions in service wont be the last as more leave and the public will be left with less buses than whats on the road now.

I've said it before, South Yorkshire needs better buses but it also needs better passengers. 

People think that if it ran as a public service rather than private that it'd be so much better but in reality it'd be worse. The council wouldn't have the resources to run non-profitable routes, it would still need to make a profit in order to buy newer buses etc. IIRC correctly FSY lost over £2million 2018/19. One of the reasons is artifically low fares, SY has the cheapest fares in the country & if FSY brought them upto the national average there would be riots. 

1 hour ago, driver151 said:

Thanks to you and all your colleagues for doing what you do so well in difficult circumstances.

You must need the patience of a saint.

I do not blame the drivers who I am sure are as frustrated as passengers. The thread started by saying the changes were to address reliability due to shortage of drivers etc. Please be upfront with us and say they are reductions in services and do not try to dress it up as if problems with punctuality and reliability are new issues, they have been going on for years and there are regular changes made that do not address the problems and still the services keep getting worse.

Guest busdriver1
30 minutes ago, lawro said:

I do not blame the drivers who I am sure are as frustrated as passengers. The thread started by saying the changes were to address reliability due to shortage of drivers etc. Please be upfront with us and say they are reductions in services and do not try to dress it up as if problems with punctuality and reliability are new issues, they have been going on for years and there are regular changes made that do not address the problems and still the services keep getting worse.

Read the comments above this post and the answer is there. 

The public in large numbers have the service they deserve if not better.. I gave up driving buses in Sheffield very soon after I started because of the attitude of the majority of passengers.

There is your answer. NOT the ownership of the buses - THE PASSENGERS

Yes these changes ARE to improve reliability. They are currently scheduled to run buses that can not be run due to staff shortages so trips get cancelled, that is an unreliable state. By reducing the service to a level they can operate they should all run so therefore will be more reliable. Common sense really but there again the good public of Sheffield will still abuse drivers and drive more out of the job so further cuts may follow.

Edited by busdriver1

The reductions in service are aimed at improving reliability then.

1 hour ago, busdriver1 said:

Read the comments above this post and the answer is there. 

The public in large numbers have the service they deserve if not better.. I gave up driving buses in Sheffield very soon after I started because of the attitude of the majority of passengers.

There is your answer. NOT the ownership of the buses - THE PASSENGERS

Yes these changes ARE to improve reliability. They are currently scheduled to run buses that can not be run due to staff shortages so trips get cancelled, that is an unreliable state. By reducing the service to a level they can operate they should all run so therefore will be more reliable. Common sense really but there again the good public of Sheffield will still abuse drivers and drive more out of the job so further cuts may follow.

Hmmm... :huh:

What a load of nonsense! :roll:

Why not withdraw all the services then...

... reliability will be 100%? :hihi:

2 hours ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hahahaha. 

Just kidding there cause I prefer busdriver sincere attempt at explaining these withdrawals than your interpretation of reliability.

Guest busdriver1
2 hours ago, Mr Bloke said:

You seem to be confusing frequency with reliability.