Bus Timetable Changes 31 October 2021

11 hours ago, dutch said:

And check supertram on Twitter for any recent issues.

sorry mate but what is Twitter? not everyone uses it and some luddites like me do not carry their mobile with them

I always laugh to myself that when there are problems and someone has decided to do something with the dot matrix that their chosen option is to continue to show tram times as if they are running and use the little display below to direct you to twitter or their web site when most will ignore the bit at the bottom assuming it is telling you to wear your face mask

The fact of the matter is most people WILL have access to those things, so its a case of keep up or get left behind.

25 minutes ago, BigAl1 said:

sorry mate but what is Twitter? not everyone uses it and some luddites like me do not carry their mobile with them

I always laugh to myself that when there are problems and someone has decided to do something with the dot matrix that their chosen option is to continue to show tram times as if they are running and use the little display below to direct you to twitter or their web site when most will ignore the bit at the bottom assuming it is telling you to wear your face mask

My dad is 81 and knows what twitter is, Personally I dont like it either and don't have it installed on my phone but I always google supertram sheffield twitter to see any right up to date delays or cancelations. This can save a long wait for nothing when something has happened again.

Yesterday sheffield councillor about our buses.

Councillor writes letter to complain the unexpected suspension of bus service - YouTube

Wish him all the best personally see more use in thanking those drivers who are still out there coming for us than complaining at their employers.

23 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

The fact of the matter is most people WILL have access to those things, so its a case of keep up or get left behind.

Sorry I have no desire whatsoever to use Twitter and that is no excuse for a system that does not work as intended

1 hour ago, BigAl1 said:

Sorry I have no desire whatsoever to use Twitter and that is no excuse for a system that does not work as intended

👍

3 hours ago, BigAl1 said:

I do not desire it either, just the fact it was the main way for trump to get his message across says it all. But it has been ever so useful when supertram had an accident or mechanical issues and yes this should come on the LED displays but when you stand in the cold twitter has been much better giving immediate up to date information. 

Gets worse on the tram , last week tram cancelled for snow, today bit of rain and tram not running on Purple line and not running to town from Halfway 

1 hour ago, hackey lad said:

Gets worse on the tram , last week tram cancelled for snow, today bit of rain and tram not running on Purple line and not running to town from Halfway 

Stagecoach seem to be hell bent on running the service into the ground at the minute. Have their management simply given up? 

High staff turnover can’t be helping matters either.

1 hour ago, Michael_N said:

Stagecoach seem to be hell bent on running the service into the ground at the minute. Have their management simply given up? 

High staff turnover can’t be helping matters either.

Now I am not a fan of Stagecoach but even I do not think they can be blamed for stopping the service if the tracks are under water which I understand is or was the case or the effect of snow.