Sheffield City Centre Now! what a mess

I did drop them off and the nearest parking was the multi-storey behind the Crucible. I could have got there very early and got a place or I could have got a taxi. But I didn't, going out shouldn't need a military style planning. If it's not easy people won't go, which is what I have opted for. This is in relation to shopping and leisure. It's too much hassle. If its the same in other cities I wouldn't go there either. This is why cities are struggling.

32 minutes ago, SheffieldBricky said:

I did drop them off and the nearest parking was the multi-storey behind the Crucible. I could have got there very early and got a place or I could have got a taxi. But I didn't, going out shouldn't need a military style planning. If it's not easy people won't go, which is what I have opted for. This is in relation to shopping and leisure. It's too much hassle. If its the same in other cities I wouldn't go there either. This is why cities are struggling.

We are not talking about any military style planning here. A two second look on the internet would have found alternative parking and the prices.

Out of interest, did you book the theatre tickets online or did you proceed to drive down into the city, walk to the Theatre box office and pay for them in person?    If it's the former just how difficult really would it be to spend that extra 2 seconds on the internet to look up parking and prices.

You might declare that to be some sort of totally unreasonable hassle but most would deem it common sense. 

Ps. Just to help with future reference, the Theatre website itself actually has details of their preferred quark car park and explains about their parking discount offer.

www.sheffieldtheatres.co.uk/your-visit/how-to-get-here

Edited by ECCOnoob

1 minute ago, ECCOnoob said:

We are not talking about any military style planning here. A two second look on the internet would have found alternative parking and the prices.

Out of interest, did you book the theatre tickets online or did you proceed to drive down into the city, walk to the Theatre box office and pay for them in person?    If it's the former just how difficult really would it be to spend that extra 2 seconds on the internet to look up parking and prices.

You might declare that to be some thought of totally unreasonable hassle but most would deem it common sense.  

If I go to Meadowhall I just drive there and everything is fine. I just explained why I don't go. That was just one example, Parking is a problem, sometimes, sometimes it won't be. It's a problem for most big cities but some are worth the extra effort, Sheffield isn't one of them I'm afraid.

17 minutes ago, SheffieldBricky said:

If I go to Meadowhall I just drive there and everything is fine. I just explained why I don't go. That was just one example, Parking is a problem, sometimes, sometimes it won't be. It's a problem for most big cities but some are worth the extra effort, Sheffield isn't one of them I'm afraid.

Good luck trying to find a theatre at Meadowhall.

Of course you drive there and "everything is fine". It is a shopping centre. That's it. That it's sole purpose. People don't live in Meadowhall, offices aren't based at Meadowhall, local authorities aren't based at Meadowhall, medical clinics arnt based at Meadowhall, universities aren't based at Meadowhall.....

Why do people default to this moronic position of comparing a bloody shopping mall with a city centre. There is an obvious reason why city centres dont provide blanket free parking. It is not a difficult concept to understand.

Edited by ECCOnoob

1 minute ago, ECCOnoob said:

Good luck trying to find a theatre at Meadowhall.

I did someone a favour, I don't go usually. We went to see 'Dusty' it was full of woke references and I have a big bloke in front of me so I couldn't see anything. I was told to stop sighing by my Aunt.